Aramun Haeseulla

(A week before the rescue of Tanya and Yangcha)

(POV Rottib)

The Neanthal massacre twenty-one years ago left only five men, including me, and two women

The Neanthal massacre twenty-one years ago left only five men, including me, and two women. Actually our people are still quite a lot after the mass poisoning, but they all died when Ragaz was about to save his kidnapped son.

I am the youngest of them all. Two pairs of men and women get married after they grow up, one man marries Saram. Just me and Yiseu who are still single. We hope that the two Neanthal couples can continue the descent of our almost extinct tribe.

On the same day, they both gave birth to a baby girl. Unfortunately, one of them died after giving birth because of heavy bleeding. A year later, the other woman was pregnant again. We could feel that she was pregnant with a boy. Our hopes are starting to grow. But unfortunately, there was a Saram soldier who killed her, along with our hopeful baby boy. We have lost hope, until I met her.

Nunbyeol.

She is still a teenager, but her age is not too far from mine. She was adopted by the kind-hearted Saram family, the Harim family. When she was little, Harim broke on Nunbyeol's lineage so that she could live as Saram. But as a teenager, her Neanthal blood began to return. She promised to come with us when she returned to being a Neanthal when she grew up.

I waited for her faithfully for several years later. I want to marry her and have many children with her. But she finally reneged on her promise by choosing to be with a cruel, stupid Saram soldier, even had pregnant a baby Igutu with him.

Not only my hopes were broken, but my heart too. Even though Yiseu said that I could still wait for two Neanthal toddlers to grow up to marry me, I didn't want to care about that anymore.

I left the cave where I had lived all this time, wandering aimlessly for several months. From a distance I watched the battle between the dumb fellow Sarams. They say, we do not have the mind, even though they are far more stupid. Ambition that makes them stupid.

And I found one of them lying under a hill. A red-eyed black horse was sitting by his side. Maybe he's dead, I don't really care. As I passed him, I saw purple blood flowing from his forehead. Apparently he is not Saram. Suddenly his hand gripped my leg tightly. It turns out he is still alive.

"Help ... please ... help me ..." he murmured with gasping breath.

I was about to kick his hand and ignore him, until I saw the bracelet he was wearing. A fang hung from a rope wrapped around his wrist, in contrast to the luxurious uniform he was wearing. That fang, I've seen it. It belongs to Ragaz, the person who took care of me when I was a baby. He died a year after the massacre, leaving a pair of Igutu twins, one of whom was kidnapped while the other was taken away by his mother. I suspect this person is one of Ragaz and Asahon's children.

So I raised him onto the body of a sitting black horse, as if it was waiting for his master. I decided to return to the cave where the last Neanthal hideouts were. I don't know if she, Nunbyeol I mean, and her family still live there or not. I hope they are still there.