Chapter-9

The entire night was like a nightmare to Tay. He couldn't sleep, continuously praying for New's recovery and walking around the entire room. Gun was sleeping was sleeping on a chair just near New's bedside.

Besides Tay, Grandma, Gun and Ssing, no one else knew about the ordeal as they were out of country for a business trip. Ssing was taking care of Grandma as she was growing weaker day-by-day worrying about Newwiee.

Next morning, post the doctor's round, the family received a good news.

Doc: Tay, New is now able to walk but with some help. Rather, should I say, he is able to 'limp'.

The doctor emphasized on the term 'limp' which gave a further blow to Tay's sadness. But, Tay was happy that at least there is hope for his Newwiee.

Tay (thinking): At least this the start, my baby Newwiee. I promise to take care of you, love you and hep you get back to being the old New who ran around the house and garden and malls and street like a kid.

Thinking this, a loving smile curved on Tay's lips and unknowingly his lips uttered, "Oh Newwiee, you're such a baby! My little baby Newwiee!"

The doctor asked Tay to complete the discharge formalities for Newwiee. So, Tay and Ssing was busy with it and Gun was beside New, helping him get ready.

Soon after, Gun receives a call from a modelling company, so he goes out for a while. New was alone, waiting for Gun to return and help him walk till the car. While waiting, she felt thirsty and the glass was lying on the table nearby. She looked here and there trying to see if Gun was near, but to no avail. So, he himself bent towards the table, pain oozing from her entire body. Suddenly, he lost balance and fell down with a loud thud.

Just then, Tay and Ssing entered Newwiee's cabin and seeing him in that plight, they panicked. They rushed towards New.

Tay (hardly able to breathe): Newwiee, are you alright? Why did you get down the bed when no one was around? You should've just called out to any of us. We were all just nearby na baby.

Suddenly, Tay's eyes falls on the broken glass lying on the floor. He was enraged.

Tay (shouting with anger): And this glass.... Nurse! Nurse!

Ssing: Newwiee, are you alright?

New: Yeah, I'm fine, just thirsty. So, tried to get the glass from the table but...

Ssing: Thirsty? Why didn't you shout out to any one of us then Newwiee? You weren't alone na. What if you would've been hurt?

New (tears swelling down his eyes): Actually, you're right. I was alone, needed help, but I was alone. Tried asking for help, tried a lot many times, but I realized, I was all alone.

Hearing this, Tay froze in his place. He understood what Newwiee meant and the shroud of guilt and sadness again encompassed Tay.

Ssing was helping New get up from the floor and sit on the bed and New's painful moans brought Tay back from his trance.

Tay rushes with a fresh glass of water to New, but New, ignoring Tay, Held Ssing's elbow asking for water.

New: P' can you please get me some water?

The discharge formalities were done and now they were ready to go home. Ssing went out first towards the car. Gun was supporting New and helping him walk. And Tay was walking close by...just in case...

While trying to lift his leg, Newwiee winced in pain. Hearing Newwiee's moan, Tay rushed to help him, but Newwiee just slapped away his hand, eyes straight on the crutch that lay beside Tay. New took the crutch and walked away with Gun.

The entire journey went by with Newwiee's silent treatment towards Tay. Gun, New and Ssing were talking and Gun was trying to make New laugh the entire journey. What hurt Tay the most was the fact that Newwiee did not even look at Tay even once these past days and today, let alone talk to him. Tay felt terrible, guilty.

{So sorry for such a looooong delay na.🙎 I had to attend my younger sister's wedding.😊 So, here you go with a little part of TayNew.💁 Will update the next chapter tomorrow, or maybe sooner. Depends on my mood though. Till then, see ya, love ya'll Polcas!💙 Jub Jub!😘}