Chapter-11

The next morning, all the others returned back from their business trip. Everyone was present at the Vihokratana Mansion. Seeing the dead silent atmosphere of the living room even with the presence of Grandma, Gun, Tay and Ssing, the other family members got worried. On confronting about the same, Ssing told them, but the partial truth.

Ssing: Well, Newwiee met with a small accident and he isn't able to walk properly. Right now, he's resting in the guest room.

Mr. V (anger and sadness evident in his eyes): Guest room? Are you all crazy? Newwiee met with an accident, for heaven's sake! How is that "small"? Above all, it cost him his leg! Shift him back to his bedroom with Tay, now! He needs the comfort of his own room!

Mrs. V (worried with saddened gleam in her eyes): He and Gun used to run around like little Ratatouilles. How will we ever control ourselves from tearing up in front of him.

Ssing (trying to handle the situation calmly): Mom-Dad, actually guest room is in ground floor. And it would be easier for him to stay there for the time being and it's only temporary. As soon as he gets well, he'll go back to his and Tay's bedroom na. That's why we suggested him staying in the guest room.

Tay couldn't sleep the entire night worrying about New. As soon as the clock struck 5, he got up and walked towards the guest room. As soon as he entered, he found New curled up like a fetus on the ground near the bed. New's eyes were red and swollen with endless crying.

On seeing Tay, New gets up and turns towards the washroom when...

Tay (grabbing New's hand): Wait, how long will you remain angry ja? I'm really really sorry from the core of my heart ja. I'm already feeling so terrible and guilty. I hate myself for all that you had to go through because of me! I'm sorry baby.

New knew that Tay was speaking the truth. He could see it in his eyes, the remorse, the guilt, the love and care for him, he could see everything. Had it been any other time, New would tease Tay about it and chuckle and then cling onto his shoulder and would lay wet kisses on his adam's apple. But, today wasn't any of those days. Today was different.

New: Look, I'm in no mood of talking to you right now, just leave me alone.

Saying, New trailed off to the washroom.

Tay (thinking with a mischievous smirk): As if I'm gonna let you stay aloof from me for long! Let's see, how long can you ignore your "Tae Tae".

Thinking, a soft smile curved on Tay's lips. His Mission TayNew/Polca was on.

Few minutes later, New comes out from the washroom and is shocked to find that the entire guest room is cleaned, his clothes neatly ironed, folded and kept in the wardrobe and there lay a table decently decorated. There, on top of it (the table), lay an assortment of all his favourite foods - Pork Cutlet Tonkatsu, Stir-Fried Chicken with Cashew Nuts, Fried Pork with Rice & Curry and 4 different flavours of Cakes - Strawberry, Chocolate, Cherry and Blueberry Cheesecake.

 There, on top of it (the table), lay an assortment of all his favourite foods - Pork Cutlet Tonkatsu, Stir-Fried Chicken with Cashew Nuts, Fried Pork with Rice & Curry and 4 different flavours of Cakes - Strawberry, Chocolate, Cherry and Blueberr...