Chapter-12

Tay went to office soon after. But, his mind and heart was set upon apologizing to Newwiee and get the love of his life back. He tried thinking about different ideas but to no avail. Entire day went by like that.

On reaching home, Tay found that there were some decorators decorating the house and Grandma, Gun and Ssing, sitting on the couch, busy discussing something.

Tay: What's special today, grandma? And Newwiee, why aren't you resting?

Grandma: We are preparing a welcome ceremony for our Newwiee and so here we are making lists regarding that.

Tay: What celebr...wait, why? You very well know that Newwiee is in bed-rest right now! How could you? P' Ssing, I thought you're the mature one at least!

Ssing: Tay, calm down, don't worry, Newwiee won't be allowed any exertion.

Tay: I don't care! Newwiee can't go around meeting everyone all the time, even if it's just a matter of one day! I myself will ask you happily to do it once he gets well again!

Ssing: But...

Tay: No But! Don't you still get me?

Grandma: Tawan, listen my child...

Tay: Grandma, you too?

New finally lost his patience. He couldn't take it anymore. He suddenly raised his voice in anger and irritation.

New (irritated): Why Tay? Why do you always have to hold up a red flag to everything?! Above all, Why do you always have to keep asking questions when you do not even bother for a reply from the other person?!

Tay (softly): No, Newwiee, it's not like that...I was just...

New (cutting him off midway): Shut up! Please just stay silent and sit down on the couch! Now!

Tay quietly sits down beside Ssing, his puppy eyes fixed on Newwiee the entire time. This greatly surprised Grandma and Ssing and they were both secretly happy and giggling.

New: P' you can give him his answers now. He'll listen now.

Ssing (staring at Tay, then New, then back at Tay and then down on the list in his hand): Actually, grandma thought this welcome ceremony will be more on Newwiee's favour as he'll be showered with blessings by one and all and will get well soon. Also, will be refreshing for Newwiee with loads of desserts. And don't worry, Newwiee will have his rest and only when he is bored or wants to walk, he will.

Tay (stuttering, his eyes fixed on New who is busy planning the list of items for decorations with grandma): A-Al-Alright. Just let me know if I can help...

Grandma (smiling): You think Newwiee will let anyone help when he's around? Such a hard-worker!

Hearing this, Tay's gaze shifted from grandma to Newwiee again and there was a long staring game between them beore Tay left to freshen up on the orders of grandma.

On the other hand, Newwiee finally gets tired and goes to the washroom to freshen up a bit. On coming back from the washroom, he sees that Tay was secretly setting his dinner table for him, tiptoeing all along. He was about to leave when...

New (arms folded on his chest): Tay, wait right there!

Tay had no way to escape now. So, he turns and faces Newwiee.

Tay: New, I...I just...want to...

New (cutting him off again): Why? Why are you even doing all of this? You really don't need to! There are already servants in the house who can prepare my dinner table.