CHAPTER 3

Zoya took a spoonful of cereal during breakfast and looked over a few sketches. Zoya Siddiqui was a well established fashion designer, the owner of the famous AMORE, a clothing boutique with a reputation of style and glamour. A favorite of many celebrities, AMORE is known to dress the best of the best, and was Zoya's dream come true.

Technically, Zoya was on vacation and was supposed to be on her honeymoon with hubby dearest. But since nothing like that was happening, she decided to get some work done for the spring line.

It's been 3 weeks since the wedding and she barely had a decent conversation with Aditya. It was the usual 'hello' and 'how was work?' Aditya left for work before she woke up on most days, and got back after she had put Ahaana to sleep and went to bed herself.

It was the same routine...every day, for the past two weeks. She finished her breakfast, put her sketches back in their folder, and headed to the living room. An elderly woman was tiding up the magazines on the coffee table. She turned when she heard footsteps approaching and saw the new lady of the house give a sweet smile.

"Good morning Zoya beti." The elder woman greeted.

Zoya welcomed the warm greeting, "Good morning Sakshi aunty."

"Arre beti...I work for you...call me by my name." Sakshi replied. Sakshi's main job was to take care of Ahaana in Zoya and Aditya's absence, but she tried to help in household chores when she can. Zoya met Sakshi the day after her wedding and took an instant liking to her. She had a kindness about her that helped Zoya in this difficult situation. Sakshi treated her like a daughter, and not like a replacement or an outsider.

"Aap umar mein humse badhe hai...hum aapko Aunty hi pukarenge." Zoya replied, causing Sakshi to chuckle and admit defeat.

"Alright beti you win. Did you need something?" Sakshi asked, politely.

"I was thinking...why don't you take the rest of the day off? I can take care of this." Zoya said, taking the duster from Sakshi's hands.

"Are you sure?" Sakshi asked. When Zoya confirmed, Sakshi didn't argue and took her leave.

Having the house to herself, Zoya got to work in tidying the shelves. She just needed something to do to avoid boredom.

While dusting the shelves, her green eyes fell on a picture of Aditya and his first wife. Both had brilliant smiles in the photo and looked extremely happy. Aditya's eyes held a charming twinkle and Pooja's held warmth, as always.

Automatically, Zoya's hand lifted to trace Pooja's face, and a tear slid down the side of her cheek.

*FLASHBACK*

"Ammi! Abbu! I have some AMAZING news!" Zoya yelled as she barged into her parents' house. At 28, Zoya Siddiqui was the epitome of beauty and brains. She started her own clothing line when she was 24 years old and established AMORE . Now 4 years later, AMORE has become one of the best fashion boutiques in India. Bollywood stars always seek out Zoya to style them because Zoya new elegances and she knew how to make a statement with her designs.

Today, Zoya was in a cheerful mood. She just got off the phone with her older sister and she was ecstatic. She couldn't wait to share the great news with her parents.

Zoya's parents, who were in the library, heard their youngest daughter's loud and cheerful voice.

"Here comes hurricane Zoya..." Mr. Wasim Siddiqui said to his wife affectionately.

Mrs. Roshnaq Siddiqui simply smiled as she saw her youngest daughter march into the room, full of life.

Zoya rushed to her parents' side and engulfed them both in a hug. "Abbu...Ammi, I have amazing news! I just got off the phone with appi, SHE'S PREGNANT!" Zoya announced excitedly.