CHAPTER 13

Zoya stood in front of her mirror, fixing the pleats to her sari. It was the night of Zosh's party, and she was putting the final touches to her look. Tonight, she was wearing a bottle green satin sari. Her blouse had two straps and the dori tied at the back. Zoya decided to put her hair up tonight in a French bun, and simple makeup finished her look.

As she was fixing her pallu over her shoulder, one of the maids came in to her room.

"Zoya ma'am, I cleaned the living room and the kitchen like you instructed...did you want me to tidy up your room in your absence?" she asked politely.

"Sure Mona...you can do this and then take off early." Zoya instructed and started to walk towards the bedroom door. Zoya stopped, however, when she noticed Mona walk to her bedside table and pick up the calle lilies.

"Oh Mona!" Zoya called out before she could stop herself. When Mona stopped and gave Zoya a confused look, Zoya finally replied, "...leave those for tonight...I will throw them away tomorrow..."

"Sure ma'am." Mona said placing the flowers back on the table and going around the room to clean.

Zoya mentally kicked herself. She should have let Mona throw those flowers away...she was an idiot for softening a little towards Aditya because he gave her flowers. Flowers didn't change what he said. That stinging feeling returning in Zoya's chest, and she turned back into the room.

"On second thought Mona...throw them out." And with that said, Zoya made her way downstairs.

Aditya was already waiting in the living room. He was dressed a little more casual than his tuxedo red carpet looks. Tonight, he was wearing slacks and a dress shirt, with a stylish blazer completing his look. He looked down at his watch and saw that it was almost time to leave. The little flutter in his stomach made him realize that he was nervous. This would be his and Zoya's second public appearance.

The first time was such a complete disaster. He felt that uneasy feeling called regret in his chest again. He messed up...badly. He only hoped that Zoya can eventually forgive him and they can go back to being friends.

Then there was a little flutter in his chest. Not knowing why, Aditya turned...and in that moment...Zoya emerged and made her decent down the stairs. Aditya's jaw dropped a little...and his heart gave a loud thud in response. She looked...there were no words...there were simply no words.

But when he saw Zoya's hair up in that bun, all he wanted to do was reach back and take out the pins from her hair, so he could it see tumble down and around her face. The urge to do that surprised him.

Completely oblivious to the effect she was having on Aditya, Zoya reached the bottom of the stairs. "Chale?" She simply said. All Aditya could do was nod and follow Zoya out the door.

Zosh's event was being held in a posh banquet hall. As they arrived at the venue, media was surrounding the entrance getting the latest feed on the celebrities attending. Zoya was a little nervous...knowing that Yash will probably be at this event as well..and having Yash and Aditya in the same room was just not Zoya's idea of a fun evening. But despite her personal issues, she was still here out of obligation.

Zoya and Aditya posed for a few pictures and made their way into the event. When someone called out Zoya's name, she turned to see Mithelesh ji approach them.

"I'm so happy you could make it." Mithelish ji took Zoya's hand in his and gave her a warm smile. Zoya automatically smiled back. Mithelesh ji then turned to Aditya and shook his hand. "Welcome Mr. Hooda." Mithelesh ji said, addressing one of India's best actors of the current generation.

"Aditya...sirf Aditya...aap umar mein mujhse barre hai." Aditya replied kindly, shaking the elder man's hand. Zoya gave Aditya a side glance...trying to hide the fact that she found that exchange extremely sweet.