CHAPTER 6

Zoya entered her office that was stationed in the back of her boutique. AMORE was handled by her secretary, Akansha, for the days Zoya was absent, but there was still tons of paperwork to sort through. Zoya placed Ahaana's portable baby seat next on a chair by her work desk, made sure Ahaana was comfortable, and got straight to work. She trusted Akansha to handle the customers in the front until she was done sorting through all these documents.

The beeping of her cell phone caught Zoya's attention. Looking down at the text message, she automatically smiled.

*Text Message*

"Appi! Thank you so much for agreeing to be my bridesmaid. I'll be visiting soon for my dress! Can't wait to see you...it's been too long!" – Noor

*Text Message End*

Noor was only a few years behind Zoya in age, so they were always close growing up. The last time Zoya saw Noor was when Pooja passed away. The sting returning in her heart, Zoya tried her best to ignore it and began to respond to the text message.

*Text Message*

"Of course little sister. The dress is almost complete...I got a little delayed with everything that's happened. I'll just need to do a few adjustments depending on how the fitting goes. I'll see you soon!" –Zoya

*Text Message End*

Hitting send, Zoya turned back to her desk and buried herself in paperwork. After a few hours, she placed the completed paperwork in her drawer and looked down to see Ahaana awake, but playing with her toy hanging from the handle of the baby seat.

Zoya felt a smile tug her lips and a warm feeling enter her chest as she bent down to pick Ahaana up.

"Good afternoon baby girl, did you have a nice nap?" Zoya asked, affection evident in her voice as she nuzzled Ahaana's neck.

Ahaana simply cooed, liking the feeling of being held. Zoya held Ahaana in one arm and reached inside her baby bag for a bottle of milk. She placed the nipple on Ahaana's lips and she greedily accepted since it was time for her meal.

A few minutes into feeding Ahaana, Akansha knocked asking permission to enter the office. "Come in." Zoya called out.

"Zoya, there's a man from Zosh Entertainment here to see you." Akansha said once she came inside.

Zoya frowned, "Does he want an outfit? Why don't you go ahead and help him?" Zoya said. Zosh Entertainment was a record label company known to launch popular music artists. Zoya figured it was a singer or music composer from Zosh needing an outfit for an upcoming event.

"No, he said he wants to meet you. He has a business proposition." Akansha replied back.

Curious as to who this man was and what business proposition one of the biggest entertainment agencies had to offer her, she told Akansha to send the guy in.

A short guy in a grey suit entered and gave the baby a curious look. "Hello Miss, Thank you so much for meeting with me. I'm Mithelesh Tripathi from Zosh Entertainment." The man introduced himself. He refrained from putting his hand out for a handshake, seeing how Zoya's hands were busy.

"Hello Mr. Tripathi, I'm so sorry I can't properly greet you. As you can see you caught me at a busy time." Zoya said with a warm smile on her face.

Mithelesh chuckled and took a seat on the other side of Zoya's desk. "Oh that's no problem at all...and please...call me Mithelesh. If you don't mind me asking...Is she yours?" He asked gesturing to Ahaana who was still drinking from the bottle in Zoya's arms.

"Yes she is." Zoya replied, without hesitation. Zoya placed Ahaana back in her baby seat, making sure the bottle was secure so Ahaana can continue drinking, and faced Mithelesh again.