CHAPTER 9

Hello Readers!

OMG...78 comments in the last chapter! thank you so so much for giving this story so much love and appreciation. I know alot of people have moved on to other shows...but to the people who are still here reading Adiya stories and reading this fanfic...THANK YOU. you are the reason I continue to write.

And because i am so happy with the amount of love this story is getting...here is the next chapter! Always continue to give your comments. I love reading them.

-JC

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

Zoya was sketching furiously on a sheet of paper. The dress was fiery red, like her seething temper at the moment. It was a few hours after her encounter with Yash and she was still pissed at him. How can he be so selfish? Can't he understand that she was doing this for her family? And how dare he say that she will never be happy and will come back to him. Was he right? Was her marriage with Aditya doomed to fail?

No. She made this decision and by God she will follow through with it. She will not let this marriage fail. So what if she can't get love out of it? Aditya was a good man and he will be a good companion to her.

With new determination she finished her sketch and decided to close the boutique early. She carefully placed her new sketches in the top drawer of her desk, gathered her belongings, and walked out of her office.

"Akansha, I've decided to close early today. I'm heading out, so lock up within the next half hour and go home." Zoya said, as she walked towards the main entrance.

"Ok. Have a good day." Akansha replied, and went back to helping the customer on the cash register.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Zoya entered her and Aditya's mansion, the place was extremely quiet. The sun had already set so it was really dark inside as well.

'Where is everybody?' Zoya thought. Part of her was a little glad no one was home. She was still upset at her encounter with Yash, but most of all...she was hurting. It hurt to see him again, knowing that she can't be with him. Letting Yash go was one of the hardest decisions she had to make. She truly believed that he was her soul mate. But fate seemed to have other plans for her. Maybe she was just unlucky? She wasn't meant to find love in this lifetime.

Zoya needed some time to herself to control her feelings, so coming home to an empty house was perfect timing.

She made her way to her bedroom when she noticed the light from Ahaana's bedroom. 'Not home alone after all' Zoya thought with a sigh, and made her way over to the nursery.

Before entering, she closed her eyes and took a deep breath, calming her emotions. Once she felt more in control, she opened the door to Aditya placing a sleeping Ahaana in her crib. Aditya turned to see Zoya enter and placed his index finger to his lips, indicating Zoya to be quiet.

Zoya smiled, finding the gesture kind of cute. She quietly made her way in and stood next to Aditya, joining him in watching Ahaana sleep.

A few moments passed by without any words. Both parents just lovingly gazed down at the baby girl. She truly was a bundle of joy.

Zoya was the one to break the silence. "Did she have any trouble falling asleep?" Zoya whispered, careful not to wake Ahaana.

"Yea...she was being a little fussy, but she eventually calmed down. How come you're back so early?" Aditya asked.

"I...umm...well...I..I just felt like coming home. No particular reason." Zoya replied. Absent mindedly, Zoya reached for her earrings and slipped them off one ear, rubbing the ear lobe. She did the same for her other ear, all the while looking down at Ahaana. Aditya felt his throat tighten a little...just a little. There was something...so intimate...so sensual about that movement. When Aditya continued to stare at Zoya, he noticed her face was tense and his eyebrows drew together in curiosity.