CHAPTER 7

Hello All,

Thank you for waiting and being so patient! Here is the next chapter. Enjoy and don't forget to leave comments!

-JC

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER 7

Aditya entered his house, still a little irritated at what happened at the bar. What Mahi said really got him to think. Were people really talking about his marriage to Zoya behind his back? He knew rumors would spread. After all, they didn't get married in the best of conditions. People were bound to talk. But he never thought they would come up with such ridiculous ideas. Him cheating on Pooja while she was pregnant? Him using Zoya as a temporary wife? People can be so crude sometimes.

Aditya sighed as he made his way to the nursery. He hoped Ahaana wasn't asleep already. He could really use her comfort right now. He felt guilty. People were talking because he let them. A married couple always invites friends over for dinner, they attend parties together, they go out together. He didn't do either of those things with Zoya, and that is why people started making up stories about them. He had to change that...and he knew how.

*FLASHBACK*

"CONGRATULATIONS!!!" Everyone shouted. The cork popped and champagne spilled over, earning applause from the gathering of people in the living room. Aditya bent down and gave a quick peck on Pooja's lips, and pulled away laughing. The newly wedded couple was having the time of their lives.

They attended their first award function that night as husband and wife, and Aditya bagged the best actor award of the night. Pooja must have been really lucky for him. The couple wanted to celebrate, and so decided to throw an after party in their lavish mansion. Friends, including the cast and crew of the movie Aditya won his award for, were drinking and dancing the night away; and the newly wedded couple was right in the middle of that fun.

"LISTEN UP EVERYONE!" Aditya yelled, making the noise level subside as everyone's attention fell on the winner. "I just wanted to thank everyone for being here. And I especially wanted to thank my new bride..." Aditya said, looking lovingly at Pooja. A few of his friends whistled at that, making Pooja blush. Anyone seeing them could tell that Aditya loved this woman with his whole heart.

"Thanks for being so lucky for me baby." Aditya said, and pulled Pooja for a lingering kiss. The bystanders applauded at that, cheering on the public display of affection.

"Get a room man." Aditya turned to the owner of the deep voice and grinned at Rajveer Khanna, a well known actor and one of his closest friends. They shared a brotherly hug and Rajveer greeted Pooja with a peck on the cheek.

"Congratulations bro. I guess you won't have time to co-star in a movie with me anymore." Rajveer joked with Aditya. "Shut up man, you know that's never going to happen." Aditya replied. Everyone knew that these two men were close and Aditya saw Rajveer as an older brother.

After a little more chit chat between the two men, Rajveer excused himself to go greet a few friends from the movie industry on the other end of the room. Aditya turned his attention back to Pooja and grabbed her hand. "Come on, I'm in the mood to dance," Aditya said enthusiastically, dragging a laughing Pooja onto the dance floor.

Later that night, way after the party ended and all the guests left, Aditya sat down on the floor of his library, leaning back against the couch. He pondered how perfect his life was at the moment. He was the most sought out actor in the industry after this win, and he had the love of his life sharing his winning moment with him.

"What are you thinking about?" Pooja asked, bringing Aditya out of his thoughts. Aditya looked up to see Pooja holding two glasses of wine. She passed one to Aditya and sat down on the floor next to him. Aditya gladly accepted the wine and clinked his glass with Pooja's. He always loved a good glass of wine after an eventful day.