CHAPTER 22

The next morning, Zoya woke up with her phone buzzing. Zoya flipped it over to see it was a text from Noor.

'Morning Appi. Just wanted to let you know that I took official leave from work for the wedding. We can take care of any last minute details and I was also hoping that you get to meet Arjun.' –Noor.

Zoya smiled at the text. She couldn't believe that Noor's wedding was only 1 month away. How time was flying. She should invite Noor and Arjun to stay here for a few days. Since Ammi and Abbu were here, it will be nice to have everyone under one roof.

Just as Zoya was about to respond to Noor, she stopped herself. It wasn't her place to make that kind of decision...she should ask Aditya first to see if it was alright to invite people over here. Putting her phone down, Zoya got up and went to the bathroom to get ready for the day.

When Zoya made her way down, she saw Harshvardhan and Waseem drinking a cup of tea and chit chatting. "Good morning." Zoya smiled, greeting them.

Both men turned to Zoya and gave her loving smiles. "Morning beta" Harshvardhan responded. Waseem got up and gave Zoya a hug, "Did you sleep well?" Waseem asked.

Surprisingly, Zoya did sleep well last night. "Haan Abbu." Zoya replied honestly. Waseem studied his daughter's face and liked what he saw. Her face was getting its glow back...slowly....but surely.

Zoya excused herself and went to the kitchen and was surprised to see Aditya already there. He was making some coffee and reading the newspaper. He looked up when she entered the kitchen, and his smile bloomed. "Good morning." Aditya said, and Zoya felt butterflies scatter in her stomach.

"Good morning." Zoya replied, trying to be as casual as possible. She walked over to the pantry and looked at the ingredients. Zoya gave Aditya a quick look and saw that he was busy reading. Aditya happened to glance up and caught Zoya quickly looking away, avoiding eye contact with him. He frowned at that. It happened so fast that he thought he imagined it.

She picked up some carrots from the pantry and walked over to the counter to start cutting them. Zoya was trying to figure out how to start a conversation with Aditya. Things have been pretty heated between them the last few times they have been alone. And Zoya wasn't sure how to be around this Aditya. Friendly Aditya she could handle....even angry Aditya she could handle...but she didn't know how to handle Aditya after his love confession. Their moment in the balcony last night didn't help her conflicted feelings either. No matter how much she tried to protect herself...she felt herself be more drawn to the different layers of Aditya Hooda.

Last night, Aditya was giving her so much attention that she didn't even realize when Yash left the party. She remembered at one point glancing over at Yash when she was on the dance floor with Aditya, and she saw Yash busy networking with celebrities. Then Aditya smoothly spun her and pulled her back to him. She felt her body collide with Aditya's and all thought of Yash left her for the rest of the party.

Should she make small talk? Ask about the reviews on his movie? She wanted to ask him if it's ok to invite Noor and Arjun to stay with them for a few days...but she didn't know how to even bring up the topic.

Zoya looked over at Aditya again and this time Aditya caught her gaze dead on. Zoya looked away quickly again, embarrassed at being caught. She avoided looking at him and started peeling the carrots.

On the other hand, Aditya bit the inside of his cheek to keep from smirking. From their time together, Aditya has slowly learned to read Zoya. Putting down his coffee mug, Aditya started walking up to her.

Sensing Aditya getting closer, Zoya focused all her attention on the vegetable she was cutting, but she couldn't keep her hands steady. Damn him for having such an effect on her.