CHAPTER 20

The next day, Zoya woke up early to see Anjana and Harshvardhan already in Ahaana's nursery playing with her. The scene brought a smile to her a face. It was nice to have them here...it helped fill the emptiness of the house. Not wanting to disturb the grandparents bonding with Ahaana, Zoya stepped away from the nursery and made her way into the kitchen.

She might as well get breakfast started. In a surprisingly good mood, Zoya walked over to the music system in the kitchen and turned on the radio. If she remembered correctly, Noor's fiancé's show should be finishing up around this time. Zoya tuned into the correct station and one of her favorite songs was playing.

~Pas aiye ki hum nahin...ayenge baar baar,
bahen gale mein daal ke..hum ro le zaar-zaar,
ankhoon se phir yeh pyaar ki barsaat ho na o,
shayad phir is janam mein...mulakat ho na ho~

"Lag Ja Gale...ke phir yeh...haseen raat ho na ho..." Zoya softly hummed as she sang the last words to the song. She moved around the kitchen and decided to make aloo parathas for breakfast.

Once the song ended, RJ AJ's voice boomed from the radio. "Yeh mera akri gaana tha aaj ke liye. Aur jaane se pehle, mein sirf yeh kehna chaata hoon ke aaj subba bari hi khoobsurat hai. Toh bina kuch soche...bina kisi dar ke...aaj iss pal ko thoda sa jee le. Vaada kijiye...ke aaj aap thoda zyaada smile karenge...thoda zyaada mausam ka maza lenge...thoda zyaada pyaar karenge. Kya patha...phir yeh haseen raat ho na ho." He said and ended his program.

Zoya smiled at Arjun's words. He really was good at what he did. Zoya took out some potatoes and started peeling it. The song still stuck in her head, Zoya hummed, "Humko mili hain aaj yeh
ghadiyaan naseeb se...hmmm...hmmm..." she hummed as she worked.

That was how Aditya found Zoya. Making aloo parathas with a serene look on her face and her humming old hindi film songs. He leaned on the doorframe with his arms crossed in front of him as he watched her work, a small smile adorning his handsome face. It was nice to see her so relaxed. It's like...she wasn't walking on eggshells. She was simply enjoying the morning.

"Lag jaa gale...ke phir yeh..." Zoya hummed. She turned when she heard a male voice start to sing.

" Yeh sham mastani...madhosh kiye jaa..." Aditya sang as he walked into the kitchen. Zoya's widened as she watched Aditya sing another classic. He then took another potato and started peeling it as well, now standing next to Zoya.

"Mujhe dor koi keeche...teri or liye ja...J" Aditya simply said.

Zoya caught on to what Aditya was doing and decided it wouldn't hurt to play a little antakshari. "Jo vaada kiya woh nibha na pare ga..." Zoya started. She walked to one of the cabinets and took out the flour.

"Rokhe zaamane chahe rokhe khuda ki tumko aana padega...jo vaada...d." Zoya said.

Aditya finished peeling one potato and picked up another, "Dil ka bawar kare pukar...pyaar ka raag suno...pyaar ka raag suno re..." Zoya smiled at Aditya's choice of song. That was another one of her favorites.

"Dil ka bawar kare pukar...pyaar ka...a" Aditya said. He then started mashing the potatoes as Zoya added water to the flour.

Zoya thought for a second, thinking what song starts with A. She started singing when she found it, "Ajeeb dastaan hai yeh...kahaan shuru kahaan katham...yeh manzile hai kaunsi...naa who samaj sake na hum..." Zoya's mind started wandering a little as she sang, "mubarake tumi ke tum...kisi ke noor ho gaye...kissi ke itne paas ho...ke sabse door ho gaye...." She forgot where she was for a second as she sang. It was crazy how the song was kind of relatable to her and Aditya's situation. What kind of a messy situation they were in. Aditya will always be Pooja's...so much so that he could never truly be her's. There was no changing that...