CHAPTER 8

Hey Readers!

Here is the next chapter...and its much longer. This chapter is an important one for the story line. Keep reading and don't worry....their love story is slowly starting ;)

So on to the story!

-JC

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aditya was in a terrible mood. He was in Armani trying on his tuxedo for Rajveer's premier and everything was going smoothly until he noticed a few people stare at him and whisper. Usually, it didn't bother him. Being a celebrity, you get used to people recognizing you. But for some reason, people were whispering behind his back a little too much today. What was going on?

He got his answer when his eyes fell on a pile of latest magazines on the coffee table for customers. One of the most popular gossip columns consisted of a front page picture of him. And not just any picture. He lifted up the magazine for a closer look, and it was a snapshot of him holding Mahi against the wall at the bar, his lips hovering over hers.

Cursing, he slammed the magazine back on the table, startling the employee helping him. Great...this is just great! "Pack this suit!" Aditya ordered in a stiff tone, causing the employee to scurry off to the cash register. After changing and paying, Aditya made way to his car and headed home. He had a few phone calls to make.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zoya stepped into the house after leaving the boutique early. She had a couple of new designs in mind and wanted to work on them for the rest of the night. Akansha was capable enough to close the boutique herself, and if an emergency were to happen, Zoya was only a phone call away.

When Zoya turned to walk up the stairs, Aditya's muffled voice stopped her. It felt like he was in his study talking on the phone. But it was the irritation in Aditya's voice that stopped Zoya from going up the stairs. She should avoid going in there right now. He sounded mad and her presence may make it worse.

"I want this taken care of!" Aditya snapped and slammed the phone back on its receiver.

'To hell with it" Zoya thought, and entered the study.

She walked in to Aditya leaning with his elbows on the desk, and his face resting on his hands. He looked simply exhausted...and her heart went out to him.

Aditya looked up when he felt someone watching him, and met green eyes. "You're back early." Aditya asked surprised, subtly turning over the magazine that had his picture with Mahi lying on his desk. He did not want Zoya seeing it. Despite his platonic relationship with her, Zoya was still his wife and any woman would react badly if they saw their husband with another woman.

"Yea I just felt like leaving early today. What's bothering you Aditya? You look distressed." Zoya asked, genuinely concerned for him. Everything has been so hard for him recently. She may not be the love of his life, but as a friend she wanted to try her best and comfort him.

"umm...It...It's nothing really...just some stress over the release of the new film." Aditya stammered, trying to avoid telling her the real reason.

Zoya walked further into the room, "Are you sure? We're friends Aditya. You can talk to me about anything." Zoya prodded further, genuinely wanting to help.

"It's nothing...really I'm fine." Aditya answered, a little too stiffly...a result of his nervousness. He regretted it the moment he said it, noticing the change in Zoya's expression.

"I see..." Zoya replied coolly, getting the hint that she was not wanted. "I will get out of your way then", saying that, Zoya turned to walk out.