2 | Opposites Attract

Adrien's POV

Wow, I'm finally here. After all these years of begging, I'm finally here. School.

I adjust my black leather jacket, and walk into the school. It's an open campus, and I am greeted with an open gym. Classrooms line the walls, with stairs taking you up to the second story balcony. Nobody is outside, so I assume class has already started. I'm distraught. I really wanted to go to school today. My fists start shaking again, and everything sets in.

I actually yelled at my dad. I cut my hair and ran away from home. For hell's sake, I committed a crime and stole from someone. Who even am I? What happened to the perfect Adrien, the one who's model career was sky rocketing? The one who's smile was pearly white and filled with joy? The one who obeyed his father's every order? God, why did I do all of that? I'm standing in the middle of a school I'm not even enrolled in!

While I'm freaking out, my bodyguard's car slowly drives by the school. He must have noticed I was gone by now, and was looking form me. Through teary eyes, I slowly turn and look at the dark silver car. It's stopped. He sees me. He wants to take me back to my father. But I'm done being the perfect child. I want nothing to do with my father.

I run.

I see two doors farthest away from the entrance, and sprint there. When I get closer, I realize it's a bathroom. Maybe I could hide in there until my body guard looks somewhere else for me. Satisfied with my plan, I turn around to look for him, and realize he's in the school. Crap. He knows I'm going to hide in the bathrooms. I need to think of somewhere to hide without him thinking I'll be there...

The girl's bathroom. I take a deep breath and rush inside, praying that there is nobody inside, but more importantly my bodyguard didn't see me and force me to go back home.

Then, somebody screams. God, I hate my life.

Marinette's POV

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN HERE?!" I scream, grabbing my bag and shielding it over my face.

The boy, who's a little taller than me, presses against the wall. His hair is in a mess, with a bunch on top, but the sides shaved off. He's shaking, and his eyes look scared, but oh my goodness, those eyes are gorgeous. He slowly holds a finger on his lip, telling me to shut up. For some reason, I do.

"I'm sorry. My name is Adrien. I'm hiding from someone," He says, and he takes a few steps toward me cautiously.

"I'm... uh.... Marinette," I stutter.

"Can I call you Mari?"

I'm still in shock about the situation, and he's seriously asking about nicknames? "Mari?! No, I want to know about you! Well, w-what do we do? Who's chasing you? Why are they chasing you? Did you kill somebody? Did you - "

Suddenly his face freezes, and signals me to hush, so I shut up. He quickly turns toward the door. We both listen, and hear fast footsteps coming close from outside of the bathroom. He slowly turns and looks at me with eyes as big as saucers. He grabs my hands and forces me to look at him, with his skin as pale as a ghost. "He's coming."

He's scared. Whoever is coming after him, I need to keep him safe from them. I lace my fingers in his hands, and thinking quickly, pull him into the stall and lock the door. I think this is a good idea to prevent the man from finding him, until I look at Adrien. He's looking, no, staring at me. His eyes slowly look me up and down, and I turn bright red. We're so close together in the stall that I can feel his heart beat. My stomach becomes jelly as I wonder why I thought this was a good idea.

BANG. Suddenly, I hear the boy's restroom door, on the other side of the wall, burst open. The man looking for Adrien must be next door. He'll look, and not find him, then he'll look in the girl's restroom next, which is where we are. He'll definitely see our feet from the bottom of the stall. What can I do...

Adrien looks at me, looks away, then looks back at me again. He gives me a tiny grin. "He's going to come in here next. This is going to be awkward but..." He takes a deep breath, "... I need you to sit on my lap."

My face turns bright red. "Uh, w-what?"

He smiles. "I'll sit on the lid of the toilet, and kick my legs up. Then, you sit on me. If he comes in here, he won't see us through the bottom of the stall, and he'll leave me alone.

"I-I don't know Adrien, I just met you, and..."

He tilts his head and curls the end of his mouth. "You scared?"

I look at him and smirk. "Fine, you asked for it!" Instead of sitting on his lap, I slide my legs on both sides of him, sit, and rap my arms around his neck, with my body facing toward him. Our faces are so close, I can feel his breathing.

I expect him to lean back, but instead, he looks confused. "Wait." He grabs my cheek. "Where you... crying? Your cheeks are wet, and your nose is red."

Surprised, I awkwardly laugh and smile a weak smile. "No, I just had a bad day..."

"No, Mari." He adjusts himself and stares deep into my eyes. " What's wrong?"

I try to smile, but the weight of the morning crashes back down on me. I grab him and push my face into his chest. Tears start to form, until I cry so hard it wets his shirt. Big drops of tears fall from my eyes. My body starts to tremble while I sob.

He wraps both of his arms around me and pulls me close. "Hey, hey, hey! What happened?!"

I look at him with glossy eyes. "My mother... she's so... controlling. She always wants me to be the perfect, flawless girl of her dreams, making her look like the best parent in the world. All I do is charity work, study, clean, cook..." I gasp for air and grab his jacket. I look down, embarrassed I'm telling this to a complete stranger, but I feel as if I can trust him. I look back up at him, and continue. "I'm the perfect daughter. She doesn't care about my feelings, she doesn't care about my childhood or how my day at school went. She just wants me to be the best daughter for her."

For some reason, his eyes light up. It's almost as if he completely understands me.

I straighten my posture, and look him deep in the eyes. I furrow my eyebrows, and grab his shoulders. "I'm done being the perfect child. I want nothing to do with her."

"I understand completely," Adrien whispers.

In that moment in the bathroom, I needed someone to love. I didn't love my mother. I needed someone to tell me it would all be alright. I needed someone to be there for me. Adrien completely understood me, and I didn't want to let him go.

He reaches in his pocket and pulls out a pair of earrings. "I... I stole these for me, but I think they would fit you better."

I look at him deep into his eyes, then the earrings. "They're beautiful. They look like little ladybugs!"

Adrien pulls me closer. "It's not the only beautiful thing I'm holding."

I look at him, and my cheeks heat up. My heart races. My eyes drift from the earrings, to him, to his chest, then to his lips. I pull him closer to me, and wrap my arms around the back of his neck. He was no longer looking at me, but looking at my mouth. His breathing is slow, and hot. He slowly wraps his arms around me, and pulls me in.

We kiss. And it wasn't a quick, average kiss. It was long. It felt like an explosion of colors, and felt hot and steamy. His hands drifted from my back, to my hips, then a little farther down...

His bodyguard never come in the restroom.