16 | Miraculous Ladyblood

Marinette's POV

I'm here.

The tables have turned. I'm the victim now, crouched against the dirt on my hands and knees. The sky is dark, and the winds are moving faster than lightning. Rain slowly drips from the clouds. The smell of wet soil lingers in the air. Viper and Dragon are both behind me, and they know that I'm not going fight Adrien. 

I slowly get back on my feet. A piece of hair slowly slips in front of my face. My body is tired, and my back aches. I force my lungs to take in oxygen, even if the sight of him steals it away from me. Wild Chat is in front of me. Akumatized. There's nothing I can do. I'll have to kill him if I want this nightmare to be over. Then I guess it's decided. I'll kill him, then kill myself.

I stand in a fighting position, with my fists balled and my toes curled up in my combat boots. I hesitate, then look at Viper with sad, heavy eyes.

He glares at me. "My power is time travel. We can do this all day. You'll eventually be forced to kill him, so there's not hope in stalling."

My heart jumps. "P-power?!" I stutter.

Viper gives me a confused look. "Uh, yeah."

I  point my thumb at my chest. "Do... do I have a power?!"

"Are you stupid?!" Dragon stops my conversation and shakes Viper's shoulders. "She didn't know! She'll be able to beat us now!"

Viper faces me again, with a twisted smile. "She doesn't know how to use it. I've just taunted her."

I stumble to him in a rush. "I swear, if you tell me what my power is, I'll do anything!"

Viper stares at me, thinking. "I don't know if I can trust you."

Tears start to rush down my face. My hands shake. There's hope.

"PLEASE!" I scream. "I'LL DO ANYTHING! ANYTHING!"

Viper's smug face drops. He knows he has to focus now. 

"Agreed.  You have two powers. One, you can create anything out of pure luck..." he states, slowly so I can process it. "And the second..."

I freeze.

"... you can de-akumatize anyone."

Silence.

Not even Chat moves.

This whole time, I've been killing people. Murder. Innocent people. Nobody did anything wrong. they were just emotional. Upset. Angry. Scared.

I turn to face Chat. He was definitely scared, making him vulnerable to Hawkmoth's power. Almost like on cue, Hawkmoth slowly floats down from the sky. Her ragged skirt flows in the wind. Her hair dances in the sky, and her face is  serious. I cry out to her, begging to know why she targeted me, and stopped being evil and wicked.

 She laughs at me. "Don't play dumb with me, Marinette."

I choke. "You know my name?"

"Of course. We're friends in real life, or at least, we use to be. I thought we were something more. I thought you loved me," she said, slowly hurting herself with her own words.

She lands on the ground, and stands elegantly in front of me. Her skirt drapes across the ground ,except at the front, where it peaks up to her thighs. She grabs my chin, and using one finger, makes me look into her eyes.

"A-Alya?!" I stutter.

She smirks and cocks her head. "There's the Mari I know. The quiet, obedient girl. The girl who stuttered when just simply answering a question in front of class. The girl who could never hang out with anyone because she had to do volunteer hours."