4 | Murder

Adrien's POV

"I want to kill him"

Marinette slowly looks at me, with all the color drained from her face, and staggers two steps back with her hands in front of her chest. She's fearful. "You... you... you what?"

Thinking back to what Tikki and Plagg said, he's a villain now. Someone is controlling him - akumatized, I think is the word - and now he's completely under the orders of that person. nobody can bring him back, or at least Tikki didn't tell us.

Tears slowly fill my eyes, and I slowly pull my arm up to point at the man quickly dashing to us in the air. "I want to kill him. He's no longer my father. He never loved me, he never cared for me..."

I take a fierce stance as my voice starts to crack.

"... and now he's a villain, Marinette! LET ME KILL HIM!"

Before Marinette has time to protest, my father blasts my face with one swift punch. I shoot across the gym, landing with my back cracking from the hit on the brick wall of a classroom.

I'm barley able to keep conscious when my father suddenly fires across the gym floor at full speed, and this time with a glass shard from the bathroom mirrors that broke earlier. The world is spinning so much that I can't block him.

"AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!"

The bloodcurdling scream came from me, as a dark liquid oozes down from my forehead.

Blood.

I slowly stagger upward, and clasp to my injury. It's a deadly cut across my eye, reaching from my eyebrow to my cheek. The agony is unbearable; I can't even see 5 feet in front of me. Abruptly, a dark silhouette jumps on top of me and tackles me to the ground. Spit from his face splashes on my fresh cut wound.

He's reaching for my miraculous.

I need to get out of here. I need to feel safe, secure and welcome. Now, I'm pinned to the ground by my father. He's shaking me while my wrists are fastened to the cement ground. He's trying to get my miraculous from me, like he said at the beginning, but I can't let him get the ring. Unfortunately, there isn't much room to run from, so I struggle and try to wiggle out of the . He's going to kill me.

I was hoping to die soon anyways.

I slowly stop fighting; I start to slowly give in... this is my dad after all. He's probably right. I'm probably just a failure, just a mistake.

The world is getting darker and darker...

"LUCKY CHARM!"

Marinette's POV

Tikki told me before I transformed that I am a superhero with super powers. I can create anything. So you can bet when Adrien, er, Wild Chat is in Danger, I'm definitely going to save him.

Even if it involves murder.

Above my head appears a ball of pink light, which fade away, and an item drops from the sky into my hands. A knife.

I clutch the knife in my hands and bolt across the gym floor to where Wild Chat and his father are. I grab the knife with both hands, jump in the air, crank my arms back above my head, and stab the villain right in the back. Blood splashes everywhere, and clings to my clothes. I pull the knife out, and stab him again, and again, and again...

Soon a white little butterfly flies out of his pin, and drifts away into the sky. I push the dead body off of Adrien. I place the knife down and sit on my knees, with my hair all messy and my body aching.

"I hope you don't mind I killed him."

Adrien shifts his body to lean against the wall, still sitting on the ground. He smiles and closes his eyes. I scoot over by him, and lay my head on his shoulder. So far, nothing has hit me yet. Maybe I'm still in denial.

Out of the blue, we hear distant chatter. Oh damn, I forgot that school was still in session. Slowly and cautiously, the students who didn't run home when the building collapsed pour out of the classroom doors to see what is left of the gym.

But I murdered someone. If they see me, they'll arrest me.

I quickly turn around and shake Adrien's shoulders. "A-Adrien, I need a mask!"

Adrien groans. "Didn't you say this school has lots of sports? Do y'all have a hockey team?"

"Uh, yeah?"

Adrien lifts open one eyelid. "Then go get a hockey mask."

I nod, and sprint to the hockey locker room covering my face. I grab a mask on top of one of the lockers, and another one underneath a bench. After I put one on, I dash out.

When my classmates see me, they all crowd around excited but nervous.

"Did you kill him?"

"Are we safe?"

"Did you save us?!"

"What's your name?"

I take two steps back, overwhelmed."Woah, woah, woah! Slow down! I'm, uh, Ladyblood, and I..."

I take a deep breath.

"I kill villains to protect Paris."

The crowd of students shift. Some are scared, some are supportive. The emotion is hard to read, but I get no time to say anything else. The police enter the building with guns drawled, ready to shoot.

Wasting no time, I turn and dash toward Adrien who's slouched against the wall. I toss him over my shoulder, then I use my yo-yo, which acts like a grappling hook, and bolt out of the gym. When we're reaching the top, bullets fly past us, but they're too late. We've escaped.

I place Adrien down on the roof of the school and he groans. His eye is in really bad shape, and he's been beaten so badly that I think he's still processing what has just happened.

"Claws in," he mumbles.

A green lightning dashes from the top of his feet to his head, and Plagg suddenly appears again. The little cat murmurs and slowly floats to the ground. He's taken as much damage as Adrien has.

I sigh. "Spots off."

A pink light flashes from the bottom of my feet to my head and I transform back too. Tikki pops up, but quickly drops to the ground exhausted. I, too, am tired. I cuddle close to Adrien, and throw my arm around him. I try to forget the thoughts of me killing someone, but I just can't seem to shake it off. I'm going to need to get use to it however, because I'm a superhero and my job is to protect Paris.

Little did I know, that the more I killed, the more the ladybug miraculous would become corrupted.