7 | Who is Hawkmoth?

Marinette's POV

Ever since I put on the ladybug earrings, I feel like I know a lot more. I know how to use emotions, I know when someone is vulnerable, and I know when to use them.

Manipulative? Maybe. But I'm still the same me. I swear.

So, right now, I'm making out with one of my closest friends. Alya thinks I'm head over heels for her, however I don't feel the same. I gave her lots of alcohol, so now shes drunk. It's obvious too. 

"Mari..."

I look up at her.

"I've always loved you..." she whispers. Then she laughs, followed by a hiccup. Yeah, she's definitely drunk.

I say I need to use the restroom. I walk around her place, looking in every corner. When I waltz back, and she's out cold. Perfect.

 I then raid the house. My hands grab everything in sight. Jewelry, cash, phones, electronics... everything. I stuff it all in my backpack, then take off. Nobody saw me enter the house, and considering how much Alya drank, she won't remember either.

With my backpack stuffed the the bone with valuable items, I head for the pawn shop. The total rounds up to $1,089.72. Dang, good call stealing the phone. The man looks at me suspiciously, but I play it cool. I'm just a highschool girl, what harm can I do? 

As he's handing me the cash, I see something one the wall.

"Hey," I say, looking at the rack. I point at the object and look at the ban behind the counter. "How much for it?"

The man looks surprised, but says it's $70. I hand him the cash, and wall out with a nailed bat.

On my way home, my phone starts buzzing/ Who is it from? Maybe It's Alya, and she finally realized what happened. When I read the caller ID, I almost drop my phone. Adrien. Why am I so nervous to pick up the call?

I take a deep breath and force words out of my mouth. "H-hey! What's up?"

"We should probably go on patrol tonight to see any evidence of criminals, or even better, to find out who Hawkmoth is." 

I nod, even though he can't see me. "Yeah I agree. I'll see you at 8, by the eiffel tower, okay?"

"Sure thing, Marinette. See you there."

"Wait," I interrupt him. "you can call me Mari, if you want."

"Mari is cute, so it works. See you at 8!"

I giggle. "See ya."

~

I wake up to the sound of my phone buzzing. Damn, I must have fallen asleep.

"Hey Alya," I say, groggily, with both eyes shut.

Alya urgently starts screaming into my ears. "M-Marinette! You've got to get over here now! Someone stole all of my parents jewelry!"

Oh. That.

"What?" I say, trying to sound surprised. "Who could have done that?"

"It was probably Chloe, because I was bragging earlier about all the jewelry in my house!"

Chloe?

I play along. "Wow, I'm sorry. I'll go tell the cops right now."

"Okay, thank you." Alya says, filled with relief.

I hang up, transform, and head the opposite way of the cops.

The sky is a dark purple when I head to the tower.  The cold night sends a shiver up my spine. Man, it would be a lot more useful if we had outfits that kept us warm when we fight crime. I mean, other than the ones with ice skates attached to the bottom of them.

"Hey bugaboo, glad to see you're here."

"Excuse me?" I say, facing Chat.

He snickers. "Oh, pardon me, bugablood."

I just roll my yes. I mean, it's not like we're dating or anything... although, I am feeling guilty for manipulating Alya and doing that whole make-out session.

I look back at Chat. "Oh, hey. So, do you plan on fighting crime with your power of destruction the whole time? I'm pretty sure you can only use it once in a battle."

"Oh, you're right. I haven't thought of that."

I pull the bat out of my backpack, and hand it to him carefully. He grabs it with his claws, and examines it. In the dark light, I see him delicately touch one dangerously sharp nail, and it pricks his finger instantly. A dark liquid slowly starts oozing out, and his face goes from surprised to satisfied.

"Perfect," he says, with an evil grin cautiously growing on him. "It could kill with one hit."

Before I can say you're welcome, we both hear screams of panic coming from down below.

"Ladyblood, Wild Chat! GIVE ME YOU'RE MIRACULOUS!"

I turn to see who the akumatized victim. The young girl is floating in the air,  with a sinister look on her face. Her hair is tied in a ponytail, with a black highlight strip of her hair swirling around it. Her outfit is themed like a bee, and she has black kneehigh boots. 

"Chloe?" say Wild Chat, confused. 

I'm confused too. Can anybody get akumatized, or is it always someone Adrien knows?

"I am not Chloe! I am Golden Wasp! Now bow before me!"

I pull out my knife, and Chat grabs his bat. He looks at me, and I look at him. We nod. It's go time.

------

A/N: Sorry for short chapter, I wanted to end it right before the fight. Later!

-Melody