8 | Golden Wasp

Adrien's POV

The girl is floating in the air with her wings holding her up. Her hair is tied up in a ponytail, her dress is yellow and black, and it's lined with a white fur. Her face is filled with anger and sadness.

I charge at Chloe, I mean, Golden Wasp at full speed, with my nailed bat in my hands. When she's within feet of me, I jump, crank the bat above my head, and aim the weapon for the Bee.

She snickers. "Pathetic."

She blocks my attack, and a blast of air bolts across the battlefield. The wind shoots me across the field, but I flip and land on my feet, then charge right back at her. She simply laughs, and lifts her wrist towards me. Suddenly, with an evil smirk, she shoots stingers out of her hand at lighting speed, trying to pin me down. One glazes my cheek, and I feel the burn. Not only are these stingers, but they are poisonous too.

"Chat!"

My body twists as I see Ladyblood jump down from a street light. She aims for me, I cross my arms, then boost her up meters in the air. She grabs the knives tied to her hips and targets the wasp.

Golden Wasp just smiles. "Force field!"

Ladyblood screams, but it's too late. She bashes into the energy field at full force. Electricity jolts through her body, and she falls limp towards the ground.

I gasp. I dash for her, but Golden Wasp drops 3 grenades in my direction. I freeze, then bolt the other way as fast as I can. One by one, the bombs explode one after one another. The last grenade blasts me and I stumble, falling to my knees.

"Had enough, black cat?!"

She shoots a dagger in my back, and I burst across the ground, rolling from shoulder to shoulder. She flies straight toward me, then shoots more stingers at me.

I rock back, than push my body off the ground, kicking her in the face. She falls to the ground, but quickly jumps up and pounces on me, stabbing me again and again. I barely escape her grasp, then when I feel like I'm safe, I sit on the ground for a break.

She's smart. I need a better plan than just brute force.

I quickly lift my head up, and brush my hair out of my face. I smile.

I stand back up on two feet. "Hey anger issues! Why are you attacking us?"

The Wasp just looks at me. "I want your miraculous, duh."

"I know," I say, slowly walking toward her. "But why did you get - you know - akumatized!"

Golden Wasp's face drops. "My friend accused me of stealing all of her stupid jewelry, when I had nothing to do with it at all in the end! Why would I want her crappy jewelry?!"

I continue to carefully take slow steps towards her. "So in the end, she though you stole all her jewelry?"

She slowly floats toward the ground. "Yes."

Her eyes slowly start to water. Her feet are on the ground now, and she looks at me. Her face is filled with sorrow, like she can't control what's about to happen.

"Wild Chat," She says, grabbing my shoulders. "I lost a friend today. Of course we fought time to time, but I needed someone to talk to. And now, she doesn't trusts me at all. And she never will."

I just stare at her. Akumatized victims are imperfect. She shouldn't deserve to live. But why do I feel like this wasn't her fault?

Suddenly my ring glows an eerie black color, and sends cold shivers throughout my body. How could I be so stupid? No matter what happened, she's imperfect. She deserves to die. The only perfect ones are Ladyblood and I, which is why we got this job. We are pure, they are not.

"Chloe, it was your fault."

Her face drops.

She's first confused, but then she understands what I'm going to do to her.

She's fearful. Her body is in total shock. She takes a step back, then another, shaking her head. "No," she says. "No, no, no... not me..."

I grip my bat.

"Wild Chat, please! I didn't do anything!"

I take a step closer to her.

"WILD CHAT! I'm innocent! Punish the people who lied about me! They're the ones who deserve to DIE!" she angrily screams at me.

I crack my knuckles.

She begins to bargain with me. "Please, let me join you! I can be your slave! I'll do anything you want! I'll clean your knives, I'll hide the bodies, I'll... I'll... I'll do anything!"

I throw the bat over my shoulder.

She stops taking steps back. Her hands slowly stop shaking as they lower down from her face. Her bright blue eyes slowly into mine, and I see the light disappear. She laughs, than sobs. Her shoulders drop, and tears fall like raindrops.

"I'm helpless, aren't I?" she says, giggling, with tears falling from her face. "Just kill me, Chat. If I am so evil, then do it. I'm worthless. Dirt. Futile."

I stare at her, confused.

"You're wrong, Chat. This isn't how I should live."

Anger fills in me. "I know," I say, coldy glaring at her. "That's why I'm going to end you."

Tears stream from her face.

"Goodbye, Mom and Dad..." she sobs. "I love you."

I crank my bat over my shoulder, then slam the bat into her ribcage. She shoots into a brick wall, then falls limp on the ground.

"You could have KILLED LADYBLOOD!" I scream.

I grab the bat, and hit her. Over and over. I only stop when I see the white butterfly slowly fly out over her lifeless body. I drag myself to Ladyblood and pick her up, the dash away from the crime scene before anyone sees us.

As I'm running with m'lady in my arms, I wonder if I'm doing the right thing

As I'm running with m'lady in my arms, I wonder if I'm doing the right thing. I stop on a building roof, and lay Ladyblood down. I lean in and kiss her, and I taste the blood from the cuts she's suffered from. I lean away, and wonder how things would be different.

Suddenly, I'm hit with a vision. A different world. I'm a hero, and everyone loves me. THere's a stachue of me, and I have fan pages. Chloe was a childhood friends, and Mari was just a classmate; just a friend. Alya was with a boy named Nino, and I was wishing I wasn't under the control of my father. How simple that would have been.

It only takes two lonely people, to fuck love up, and make it evil.

I lay into Ladyblood's arms and cry.