6 | Alya

A/N: [sorta spoiler?] this chapter might be overwhelming, but it's necessary for the end plot ;)

-Melody

~

Adrien's POV

As soon as class ended, the newly formed group all walked home together. Things are still pretty awkward between me and everyone else, considering how my last remaining parent died. What's even more awkward is that I don't care. I thought I might at least be a little upset, but it's like I just don't have feelings anymore.

But, that's the least of my problems. My blood started to boil when Alya, Mairnette's closest friend, started getting too close to her. Marinette has got to know that Alya has a crush on her, so why isn't she doing anything?

Unless, she likes the attention.

Luka, Marinette, and Alya all slowly start to walk faster than me. It hit me like a ton of bricks: Marinette and I are not dating. We made out once, but apparently in real life that doesn't mean we're dating.

My heart feels empty. Why do I feel so connected to her?

Suddenly, Marinette stops walking and turns around to face me. She smiles. "Are you good Adrien? You've been awfully quiet."

I smile, but it's obvious she knows it's fake because she starts walking closer to me. She puts one hand on my shoulder and leans into my ear.

"Hey, don't let the guilt get to you. That's just our job as superheros," she whispers. "If you see another akuma attack, just call me, okay?"

Marinette grabs my hand and slides a tiny piece of paper into mine. She gracefully slips her hand away from mine and winks. Her lips open and starts talking at normal volume again. I just laugh and shake my head. When I look up, however, Alya is giving me a side eye deadly enough to kill ten men at once. Startled, I quickly look at Luka, but he just seems supportive of whatever Marinette does.

Alya scoffs at me, then turns back to Mari.

"Hey girl, wanna come to my place? I have your favorite flavor of ice cream," she says, winking.

Mari beams. "You already know the answer!" She turns to face Luka and I. "Hey guys, I'm glad we got so close today! See y'all tomorrow!"

She looks at me with an evil look in her eyes. She's using Alya for something, I realize. She is aware of Alya's crush on her, and so she's going to play along with her to get what she wants. I wonder what she wants so badly that she's willing to use her friend for it. I swear, she's changed since she put on the earrings.

I shake it off and laugh.

Luka smirks. "See you tomorrow, Marinette."

Marinette just giggles.

Alya's POV

I open the door to my huge house to let Mari in. Business has been booming with my parents. I feel like I have all the money in the world at times. Everything I own is Gucci, I always have the latest iPhone, and my bedroom is enormous.

"I'm so glad you could come over, girl! You know how much I missed you over the weekend. You're always stuck with volunteer work!"

Marinette grins. "Haha, I miss you too! Man, I hate my mom so much for making me do that kinda stuff."

"Come on Mari, you don't mean that."

Marinette just looks away.

Only Marinette lets me call her Mari. She tells me that only certain people can call her by the nickname her dad did.

I throw my backpack down on the counter and open up the fridge, and a blue light illuminates the dark kitchen. I'm the only one who gets home this early in my family. I shuffle some stuff around in the freezer to look for the ice cream, and some vodka rattles in the back.

When I grab the ice cream, I turn around and almost bump into Mari. For a split second, I could have sworn I saw her earrings glow an eerie black light.

"Hey Alya..." she says, dazed. "Could I try some vodka?"

I choke. "W-wait, what?!"

She takes a step closer to me. "Please..." she whispers. "I just want to try."

I laugh, but the mood quickly drops when I realize she isn't joking. "You want to try alcohol?! Mari... Mari we're minors!"

She's practically breathing on my neck right now. She's so close that we could ki-

"Alya, please. I love you."

My heart skyrockets. "Y-you, you what?"

Marinette slides past me, and grabs the drink herself. She pours the cold drink into two glasses. She takes one swift sip from one, than hands me another.

"Drink," she orders.

I'm still processing what just happened, but I drink anyways. She grabs my cup, refills it, and gives it back to me.

She tilts her head and me and smirks. "You impress me, Alya. I love a girl who can drink."

I smile, and look her directly in the eye. "You haven't seen nothing yet!"

Two drinks of Vodka is about 1.5 ounce shots of pure alcohol. Since Vodka is about 40–50% alcohol, I can only drink about 2 to be safe, but I really like Mari. I want to impress her.

"Give me another one," I say buzzed. "I can handle it."

Mari grins and pours another glass. I take it, and drink it as fast as I can. It burns on the back of my tongue, but the bitterness tastes so good. I slam my glass down and look back up at Mari. She's sitting on the counter now, with her legs crossed. She looks like she has a sinister look on her face, but I bet that's just the vodka.

She jumps of the counter and slowly walks toward me. She grabs my hair and pulls it to the side. She then wraps her arms around my neck, and kisses me.

The kiss is tender at first, but slowly gets stronger and stronger. Our tongues battle for dominance, but she wins.

She grabs my arms and pushes me against the wall, with my wrists pinned by my face. She slowly goes down my neck. She then pushes me from the wall to the couch. I fall on my back against the cushions, and she sits on top of me.

God, and all I thought we were doing today was eating ice cream.

~

A/N: What do you think Marinette is doing? Why did her earring glow black? Why does Adrien not care at all, not even in the least, about his father dying? So many questions ;) Make sure to comment your theories! If you're right, which 2 have so far from my insta) I will privately dm you. later!

-Melody