Chapter 6

Later on in the night, Chloe would be stood with Aubrey and Jessica in the living room area, that was big enough to have a space cleared in the middle to be used as a dance floor for the night. She had spent most of her time at the party with Tom, getting to know him better, laughing at his jokes and embarrassing stories and just enjoying his company. However, throughout her conversations and time spent with Tom she couldn't help but think and wonder where the other smaller, more sarcastic Mitchell twin was. Chloe hadn't seen much of Beca at the party and felt disappointment inside at the thought of not seeing her at all.

"Let's go and dance", Jess would suddenly speak up, placing her cup down forcefully on the chest of drawers that held framed family photos on top. The tall girl then grabbed both Aubrey and Chloe's hands and dragged them into the space that was in the centre of the room, surrounded by couches that looked onto the dance floor.

As the three cheerleaders would squeeze their way through bodies pressed up against each other and dancing, more like grinding, to the music, they'd finally find a big enough space for the three of them to move around. Chloe sipped from her drink once more, feeling the buzz in her head that made her want to move and dance. She'd start to sway her hips, closing her eyes as she'd listen to the music, hitting each beat and drop perfectly. As if she could feel that someone was watching her, Chloe would open her eyes and look around to see a set of deep blue eyes staring right back at her, watching and checking out every move she was making.

Beca was sat, relaxed casually in her seat, holding her cup of whatever she was drinking that still contained no alcohol. Her eyes were trained on the redhead dancing freely in front of her, not listening or paying attention to anyone or anything that was happening around her. She knew that Stacie, Jesse and Amy were arguing over something next to her but she couldn't hear anything as she continued to watch Chloe. The way the cheerleader would move her hips to the music, not missing a beat. Her arms that would raise up into the air and then back down as she'd dance alongside everyone else. Beca found herself gripping tighter to her cup as she'd notice the closeness of people around her, feeling jealously start to boil inside her as she thought. "Give her some fucking space", she'd think when she noticed some boys stood behind Chloe, out of the redhead's eyesight, checking out the cheerleader in front of them, but more noticeably staring at her ass. "I'm going to give them five seconds to look away before I rip their eyes out of their head", she'd feel her anger fuel even more, before she couldn't take it anymore.

Chloe would look over once more, seeing Beca rise out of her seat now, the brunette's eyes not leaving her own still as she'd slowly make her way over to her. Chloe didn't know why or what the feeling was, but she felt her stomach turn as she tried to work out the look that was in Beca's eyes as the soccer star would be locked in eye contact with her. All she knew was that she didn't want anything to get in the way of Beca reaching her and looking like she wanted to claim her. Just as Beca got on to the dance floor, Chloe became confused as she'd notice the smaller brunette stop in her tracks and clench her jaw before turning and walking away, disappearing quickly.

"You're an incredible dancer", Chloe then jumped slightly at the feeling of someone's hand on her hip, turning her head slightly to see that it was Tom stood behind her, smiling. "Is there anything you can't do?", he'd smirk while whispering in her ear. Chloe could tell by the way he was speaking and slurring his words slightly that the quarterback had been drinking tonight to celebrate their earlier win.

"People say the same thing about you", she'd answer back, forcing a small smile at him before turning back around and quickly looking for any sign of Beca in the room. Hearing laughter coming back from the direction of where Beca was previously sat, Chloe would snap her head round to the sound, soon wishing that she too was at the same level of intoxication as her dancing partner as she looked on.