Chapter 37

Two weeks. Beca had kept to her word for two weeks. She hadn't spoken to Chloe for two weeks. Fourteen whole days without hearing the redhead's voice other than when she answered a question in class. A fortnight, since the playoff game that sent Barden into the State Championship final, of space that Beca had given to Chloe.

Standing in the hallway now at the end of the day after leaving class, Beca kept her head down as she took a deep breath. "It's what she wants and it'll be worth it in the end", she thought to herself while moving her books into the locker.

"Did you hear about Liam Williams?", a sophomore a few lockers down started talking and Beca rolled her eyes at the sound of mindless gossip, no doubt about to start talking about the Spring Formal dance that was coming up on Friday.

"Yes, I know and I'm so jealous because I wanted him to ask me", the sophomore's friend started to whine and Beca moved quicker as she grabbed her soccer bag and boots.

"I didn't even know that Chloe Beale was single", Beca froze with her hand against her locker as she slammed it shut, snapping her head over to the two girls at the sound of her cheerleader's name.

"W-What did you just say?", Beca walked over to the two, ignoring the way that the two sophomore's jaws hit the floor at her presence.

"Y-You're Beca Mitchell?", the whiny sophomore stuttered.

"Yeah, yeah whatever", she waved her hand in the air, "Did you just say Chloe Beale is going to the dance with Williams?"

"I saw him ask her at lunch today", the first sophomore that broke the news in the first place looked the soccer star up and down.

"Give me a bit of paper and pen", she glanced over to the open locker and tapped her foot impatiently against the floor as the girl quickly got what the brunette asked for.

As soon as the items were held out in front of her, Beca snatched them away before sprinting down the hallway to the redhead's locker, noticing that she hadn't arrived yet to get her cheerleading stuff and must still be in the library from having study period last. Beca had managed to know Chloe's timetable by heart during the past two weeks, getting any glimpse of the beautiful redhead at any chance she can.

Don't go with him to the dance! Please!

Quickly scribbling out her note, Beca didn't care about her handwriting as she rushed and didn't want to get caught. She folded up the piece of paper and tucked it inside of Chloe's locker before making her way to practice.

...

"Okay, go have a drinks break before we go over set piece routines", Coach called out to the team before blowing his whistle and walking off himself to take a five minute break.

"How the hell did you manage to score Stacie Conrad for Spring Formal?", Jason pushed Jack by the shoulder as they made their way over to the benches and drinks table. Beca shook her head, laughing along with the others as they teased the defender.

"What can I say she couldn't resist me, when I asked her, she accepted my proposal straight away", Jack had a smug smile plastered on his face now.

"She accepted your proposal so quickly because she hasn't had sex in nearly two weeks", Beca smirked and the rest of the team burst out into laughter, punching and teasing Jack again as the defender's smile instantly fell from his face.

"Who the hell do you think you are?"

Each of the soccer player's heads snapped up at the sound of an angry voice. When they noticed Chloe Beale, marching towards them all holding a piece of paper in her hand and her eyes set on their soccer captain, they quickly moved away. "Good luck, Cap", Derek tapped her on the shoulder as Beca stood up to meet the cheerleader now.