Chapter 9

Deciding not to take a shift at work after-school Beca went straight home after spending some time in the school gym. The brunette would shut the door to her car, slinging her bag over her shoulder as she'd walk towards the front door. The sound of giggling and laughter coming from upstairs as Beca would drop her bag by the front door, after entering the house, caused her to roll her eyes and scoff. "Brilliant", she'd mumble to herself as she'd make her way into the kitchen to look for food.

"Beca, is that you?", she'd hear her brother's voice coming from upstairs, probably his bedroom.

"No shit, Sherlock", she'd mumble again, forcing on a smile as she'd turn around with a beer in her hand to see both Tom and Chloe walk into the kitchen.

"We just ordered a pizza, I didn't think you was coming home until later", he'd apologise, while leaning forward against the breakfast bar.

Beca, who probably should of been focused on the conversation with her twin brother, but was more focused on Chloe's hand that was rubbing up and down Tom's back, totally ignored her brother's comment. She'd gulp and look down a little, before taking a long swig of her beer.

"Beca?", he'd furrow his eyebrows, looking confused at his sister.

"Huh? What?", she'd frown, getting bored already of this conversation.

"What are you going to do about dinner?", he'd ask again, standing up straighter this time to put his arm around Chloe.

"I'll figure something out", Beca would shrug her shoulders, quickly glancing over in the redhead's direction to lock eyes with Chloe for a few seconds.

"Well, how about I phone them up now and order another pizza and then I'll quickly drive over and pick it up?", he'd take his phone out now to phone the local pizza place.

"Yes, and while you're gone me and Beca can get started on the English assignment", Chloe would clasp her hands together before shooting a small glare towards Beca, who was now stood frozen in place with the beer bottle pressed to her lips.

"W-What?", she'd whisper.

"Perfect, I'll do that now and be back in around fifteen minutes", Tom would smile and kiss Chloe on the cheek before walking out of the room with his phone pressed to his ear.

"Let's go Mitchell", Chloe smirked and turned on her heel, swaying her hips slightly as she'd make her way out to the dining table. Beca didn't know if it was the way Chloe acted so confident or if was just the view she had of the cheerleader's ass as she turned and walked away, but it made the soccer star follow and sit down next to her. The brunette would continue to scroll through her phone and sip regularly on the beer in her hand as she'd ignore the notebooks and a copy of 'Romeo and Juliet' that was being placed in front of her. "Okay, so I'm going to start making some notes about which parts we could perhaps do our essay on and I need you to start reading the book so you can then choose and help me decide", Chloe would quickly explain as she'd click her pen and open the fresh notebook.

Beca had ignored the redhead once more as she'd try to avoid doing any work, especially work that included any reading. As she continued to scroll through her phone, texting back and forth to a number of girls on her instagram, she'd notice the small glances that kept being thrown her way by Chloe next to her. She'd smirk as she'd realise that Chloe had reached the end of her patience and turned to look at her, slamming her pen down on the table.

"Are you seriously just going to sit there and do nothing?", she'd angrily snap.

"I'm not doing nothing Beale, I'm making some deals with people", Beca would smirk and try to hide her smile as she'd continue to tease and wind Chloe up more.