Chapter 14

On Monday at school, Beca started to feel a little bit better after her last conversation with Chloe. "Maybe I can take her help and keep everything else separate?", she thought as she opened her locker to take out her book for English.

"Bec, hey", looking over her shoulder, she'd see her brother jogging over to meet up with her, his backpack slung over his shoulder.

"Hey, Tom", she closed her locker and leant against the side of it, crossing her arms.

"I uh.. I need your help with something", he rubbed the back of his neck, Beca knowing that this meant he was nervous about whatever he was about to ask her. "So, homecoming is next week and I need your help with asking Chloe to be my date"

The soccer star furrowed her eyes brows, confused as she looked up at her brother, "Dude, she's already your girlfriend, isn't it a bit obvious that you'll be going together?", she smirked, looking over at the crowd of other students that were calling her name as they walked through the hallway.

"Well, yeah I guess but I want to make it special you know", he shrugged his shoulders. "I'm hoping that homecoming will be the night", he watched her head snap back to look at him.

"The night?", she shook her head at how lame her brother is, "Wait", now realising what he meant, "Do you mean the night that you'll finally become a man, little Tommy?", she punched his shoulder playfully.

Tom laughed with his sister, the two of them pushing each other back and forth before he gave in, "Yes, yes, alright", he pushed his fingers through his hair, "Don't need to tell the whole world that I'm hoping to lose my virginity then"

"What are we talking about your virginity for?", Stacie slapped both of the twin's shoulders now, Beca bursting out laughing while Tom glared at the taller brunette instead. "What?", she shrugged her shoulders, confused.

"I was just asking Beca for my help with something", he mumbled quietly, before pulling on the strap of his backpack, becoming agitated, "I'll see you guys at lunch", he'd shake his head before pushing Beca once more, who was still laughing, so she'd fall back against her locker.

"What's going on with you?", Stacie asked her best friend as the smaller girl finally stopped laughing.

"Tom asked for my help with asking Chloe to homecoming", she took a deep breath, calming down finally.

"And you're happy to help?', she look shocked, "I thought you wanted to try and-"

"Stace, I can't break them up", Beca sighed, pushing her hand through her hair now as another person waved and called her name. "They're both happy and me and Chloe are better off as friends"

"Are you finally accepting that you have feelings for the redheaded cheerleader", Stacie wrapped her arm around Beca's shoulder as the two friends started to walk to homeroom.

"You wish Conrad", Beca spotted a group of girls including Alicia, her hookup from last week, "My attention is elsewhere when it comes to girls and feelings", she patted her best friend on the shoulder before walking away.

"She's so oblivious to the world that is going on around her", Stacie mumbled quietly to herself as she watched Beca wrap an arm around the girl's waist and shamelessly flirt wit her in front of everyone in the hallway.

"Hey Stacie", the tall cheerleader glanced over her shoulder to see Chloe stood next to her now.

"Hey", she replied before looking back over at Beca to see that the two of them were now alone, pressed up against Alicia's locker.

"What's happening there?", Chloe asked, clutching tightly to the textbooks in her arms as she watched on.

"You know what Beca's like, she's found something to keep her use during homeroom", Stacie rolled her eyes but didn't miss the disappointed and slightly hurt look etched across the redhead's face. "Come on, let's go", she linked arms with Chloe, feeling sorry for her as she pulled her away from the heavy make out session that had just started in front of them.