Chapter 30

There is a warning that I'm going to put on this chapter.. I will leave another warning further down just before the action for anyone that wants to skip over it.. To those that have been waiting for this.. Enjoy ;) x
———————————————————————

The soft sound of music playing from the stereo of the truck filled the air. As the sun started to set, Chloe was more shocked to see her soccer star use her lighter to start some candles. After the two had eaten from the small picnic that Beca had made, both girls were laying down in the bed of the pick up truck, staring up at the stars that had started to litter the sky. The soothing touch of Beca's fingertips as they ran up and down her arm, while Chloe rested her head against the brunette's chest was enough to make her feel totally relaxed and happy.

"Thank you", she whispered and felt Beca's movements freeze for a second before starting again.

"Thank you for what?"

Chloe smiled at the brunette's confusion as she moved to lean up further so she was now looking down at her soccer captain. "For all of this, it's the cutest and sweetest thing that anyone has ever done for me", she pushed herself down to press her lips softly against Beca's, giggling a little against her lips when she tried to pull away but Beca's grip on her waist held her for a few more seconds.

"I'm not sweet and I'm definitely not cute, Beale", Beca mumbled quietly enough for Chloe to hear with the music coming from behind them, "But you deserve this and so much more"

"There you go being all cute again", Chloe poked her nose before moving back to her original position.

Beca rolled her eyes but couldn't stop the smile from etching across her face when she felt Chloe cuddle back into her side as if she fitted perfectly like a jigsaw. "Well, now I don't know if I should show you your surprise because you'll just call me cute again", she laughed when Chloe pushed on her chest so she sat up again.

"I have another surprise?", the redhead started to pat her hand down on Beca's stomach, getting more excited by the second. "Show", hit, "me", hit, "the", hit, "surprise", hit.

"Alright alright, calm yourself down princess", Beca pushed the cheerleader's hands away before moving to sit up and reach behind her where something was laying underneath a blanket. When she lifted the blanket to grab her guitar that was sat in its case, she smirked at the sound of Chloe clapping her hands and celebrating from behind her.

"What are you going to sing?", the beautiful cheerleader sat cross-legged now, her hands clasped together in her lap as she watched Beca move to sit comfortably with her guitar led across her lap. She couldn't help but smile when she noticed the focus on the brunette's face mixed with some nerves as she checked the strings and avoided looking back at her.

"I uh.. I've actually started writing this song so thought I'd give you a bit of a preview", Beca smiled up at Chloe as she tested out some chords before clearing her throat and starting to strum the soft melody. As she got used to her fingers moving across the neck of the guitar and feeling herself get lost in the first few chords she closed her eyes when it came to singing.

"For years now I feel I've been out travelling
No road, no aim, no place to navigate
Just lose in the wind before I even begin
To try", in the short pause Beca opened her eyes again to lock with the baby blues that were watching her closely.

"But that all has a strange way of changing in a moment like this with you baby
It's like finding what I didn't know
I was looking for

And that storm I fight
It gets still inside
And it's clear to me now I've found a place

Somewhere to fall
Somewhere that can call my own
When I see you, I see home", she smiled while playing at the rest of the short melody she had written, not knowing how Chloe would react.