Chapter 22

"Why do you have this?", Beca froze for a split second when she spotted the necklace dangling from his hand. She looked away, trying to avoid the heated glare from her brother as she sorted out her gym bag from practice.

"What even is it?", she shrugged, trying to come across as casual.

Beca moved back immediately when Tom stormed across her room, getting in her face now as she backed up against her wall. "You know exactly what it is", he shouted, still holding the necklace up, "Don't play dumb with me"

The soccer star smirked as she noticed his expression turn more heated. Beca knew that she couldn't tell him the truth, "Tom, what's wrong buddy? It's just a neck-"

"I said don't play dumb with me!", Tom grabbed his sister by her shirt pushing her back forcefully against the wall, silencing her with his other hand clenched in a fist. "You don't think I haven't noticed you around her recently?", he snarled and Beca tried to push him away unsuccessfully from the quarterback.

"Dude, there isn't any-"

"Shut up!", he swung his fist down, connecting with Beca's eye and causing her to fall to the floor, on her knees. "What did you do, huh?"

Beca jumped back up, ignoring the stinging pain she felt across her cheek as she pushed her brother back. "What the fuck Tom! I haven't done anything!"

"Oh, please", Tom smirked now in disbelief as he cornered her again. "You've had your eyes on her from the moment you knew I liked her"

"Awh, you afraid you won't get your moment to lose that precious V card", Beca clenched her firsts now, ready to fight back if he tried again as she watched him get closer.

"How do you know I haven't already lost it", Tom started to laugh as he watched Beca's expression suddenly turn heartbroken.

"W-What?", she could my help but stutter as a million thoughts then entered her mind. "When? How? But I thought... Why didn't she tell me?"

Tom finally stopped laughing, refusing to give in as he continued to taunt his sister. "That's right! You can't make fun of me anymore", he shrugged his shoulders, "I'm not little Tommy anymore! And I want you to stay the hell out of mine and Chloe's way", he closed his hand around Beca's throat, holding her back against the wall.

"Y-You're insane! T-Tom!", she struggled to breath, clawing at his hand while trying to make him let go. "I-I... can't.. T-Tom, I can't b-breath"

"Are you going to stay away from her?", Tom whispered close enough to Beca's face, seeing the hatred seeping from her eyes back at him. "Tell me!"

Beca looked into his eyes, noticing tears starting to pool and when his hands loosened to let her breath more she spoke the words he wanted to hear. "I'll stay away from her"

"Good", Tom let go fully of the brunette, stepping back as he watched her take deep breaths and move her own hands up to her throat. The quarterback blinked a few times, realising what he had just done. "Y-You need to find some makeup to hide that bruise", he gulped, looking down at the necklace in his hand before starting to leave, "I don't want people asking questions"

...

The next day Beca pulled her mustang into the usual spot of the parking lot that everyone knew she used. Looking into her rear view mirror, she gazed over the makeup that she had attempted to cover across the bruise that had started to appear below her eye.

Beca had ignored everyone since the incident two nights ago. The soccer star had skipped school, told her Dad that she was sick which kept him off her back. She had turned her phone off to stop all of the calls and messages from Stacie, boys from the team including Jesse and the red headed cheerleader that hadn't left her mind once.