Chapter 7

It was currently 1:12am and Beca and Chloe had been sat in a small diner on the edge of town for an hour now. Time had flown by as they had ordered food and slowly got to know each other a little more.  "So what does badass Beca Mitchell do in her spare time?", Chloe would smirk, feeling the effects of drinking earlier start to fade away as she drank some of her strawberry milkshake.

"When I'm not playing soccer, at school or at work I don't really have a lot of spare time left to do anything but sleep", Beca shrugged her shoulders, picking up some more fries from the basket in front of her.

"Where do you work?", Chloe asked, smiling a little as she was starting to learn more about the mysterious brunette.

"Why? You gonna turn up there next and demand to know more about me again?", Beca would raise an eyebrow, smiling as she'd wink at Chloe who'd laugh back at her shaking her head.

"Don't you have your soccer game today?", Chloe suddenly realised and picked up her phone to check the time, her eyes going wide as she noticed how late it was, "Oh god and I've kept you out really late, I'm sorry", she'd start to finish her milkshake quickly, "We should get going"

"Woah, Beale, chill out it's fine", Beca would reach across the table placing her hand on top of Chloe's to stop her.

Both girls froze for a second, locking eyes as they both felt the same tingly feeling as their hands touched. Beca would clear her throat quickly as she'd take her hand away and run it through her hair, nervously. "I'll just go and pay for our food", she'd mumble as she'd get out of the booth they were sat in to go up to the counter.

Chloe couldn't help but let her eyes follow the small brunette who was now paying for their meal and talking to the young girl working behind the till. She'd be snapped out of her daydream as she'd hear the young girl giggle and with the diner being so empty it wasn't hard to hear and see why the girl was now biting down on her lip. Beca was flirting with her, as per usual. The redhead would sigh and grab Beca's jumper, feeling a sad smile creep on her face as she'd climb out of the booth and pull the jumper over her head. "Ready to go Beale?", Beca walked back over, throwing her keys up and catching them again as she'd smile.

"Yeah", Chloe knew she had answered her bluntly but didn't care as she gritted her teeth and walked in front of Beca, avoiding her gaze as she'd reach the car door and get in.

The drive back to Chloe's house for the second time that night turned out to be the complete opposite to what it was just a couple of hours before. Dead silent. Neither girl spoke as they thought over what they could say. Beca was trying to figure out what had happened while Chloe was trying to work out why she had got so annoyed back at the diner.

As Beca pulled up outside of Chloe's house she wouldn't be able to stand the awkward silence anymore. "What's the matter?", she'd snap and turn to look over at the cheerleader.

"Nothing, I'm fine", Chloe would smile back at her, making sure she had everything before going to leave the car, "I'm just tired and gonna go inside and head straight to bed"

Beca would roll her eyes and look away from Chloe now, biting on the end of her thumb as she'd try to work out her own feelings.

"Oh, your jumper", Chloe mumbled before going to pull the jumper back over her head.

"Keep it, I'll get it back another time", she'd grumble back, keeping her eyes fixed on the road in front of her. "Unless you still want me to stay away from you?", she'd quickly glance up and lock her eyes with the baby blue eyes of a girl she was growing more curious and confused about every day.

"I'll see you Monday, Becs", Chloe would smile brightly before climbing out of the car and walking up to her front door. She'd spin around as she'd hear the loud sounds of a car exhaust and engine, sighing happily as she'd watch the white mustang drive away into the night.