Moving Out

-Effy P.O.V-
"Effy, wake up! Effy you need to pack!" I awoke to my dad shaking me to get up.
"What's going on?" I asked, still half asleep.
"Me and your mother came to an agreement last night. We're moving into the house I bought, today." he spoke. My eyes suddenly shot open and I turned around and sat myself up to face him, covering myself with the duvet.
"What did you say?" I questioned, checking if I heard correctly.
"Your mother gave in to me last night and she's agreed that we can move in to the house and that day is today, so come on! Up and dressed before the mover-men come!" dad said in a chirpy mood before he skipped out of my room. I couldn't believe it, we were actually moving in to that place? I pushed the duvet off of my body and rushed to get dressed and ready. Pulling on a longish black dress and a floppy, black summer hat. Obviously putting dark rings of black around my eyes and filling in my lips in black. I was ready within thirty minutes and that's when I heard the doorbell go. I came out of my room and stood upon the balcony, looking down at the house. I watched my dad open the door to the mover-men and they came in two by two to move our furniture out of this house and in a lorry outside. My mom was packing a box full of silverware whilst my dad was bossing around the mover-men. I went back into my room and thought this would be a great opportunity to use my camera from last Christmas. I never got a chance to use it since all I did my whole life was hang around in my room so nothing interesting happened. So moving houses would be a great chance. I went into my drawers on the bottom of my wardrobe and pulled out my vintage camera. It was still in perfect condition and had never been turned on. I flicked the on button and the screen became clear. Suddenly, a loud bang came from behind me and through an instinct, I spun around and took a photo. When I removed the camera from my face, before me was one of the mover-men who had accidentally slammed my door open against the wall.
"Pardon me, ma'am." he spoke in a strong American accent. I sighed in relief and brought myself to my feet. I didn't say a word to him but walked out of my room to be out of his way. I came out onto the balcony again and looked down and watched the mover-men slowly empty our house. All I could do was watch and take pictures of it all progressively happen.
"Effy, we're heading into the car now!" called dad from the front doorway.
"Well, the rent-a-car since someone sold ours!" said mom with a box in her arms as she walked past dad, giving him an evil look.
"Uh, well yes, anyway! We've got a three hour drive ahead of us so come on!" He called down to me again. I took one last snap of the almost empty house and rushed down the stairs, clutching my camera tight, and flung out the door, catching up with my parents.
It was hot outside as summer had hit us. Not really the best time to be wearing black, but I put up with it.
"C'mon honey, stop taking pictures and hop in the car!" called my dad. I took a few last snaps of the house outside and then skipped to the car and hopped in. The excitement inside of me was bursting. Finally a house I would be happy in, a house which fits with my image.

-Tate P.O.V-
Early rising. I walked around the house by myself in thought.
"Have you heard the news?" said a voice from behind me in the hallway. I turned around to see Hayden.
"What news?" I asked, feeling confused.
"There's finally a new family moving in. I heard Ben and Vivian talking about it."
"You shouldn't eavesdrop on the Harmon's." I spoke, turning away from her and towards the end of the hallway.
"You shouldn't stalk Violet."
"That's not the same!" I raged, turning back around. I immediately calmed down. Hayden smirked at me as I started calm my breathing. She started to walk closer towards me.
"So, you gonna help the Harmon's remove the next owners?" Hayden asked.
"What's the point? I did it to help Violet and Violet doesn't even want to look at me." I admitted sadly.
"Well, you might want to hear it from the Harmon's themselves first."
"Hear what?"
"If they're gonna scare them away this time. They're ghosts are becoming a little weary lately." spoke Hayden before she walked away. I stood in the same place, alone, thinking about what Hayden said and then an urge inside me got me to walk forward to go find Ben.
I came down into the kitchen to find Ben washing up. I cleared my throat and only stood in the doorway behind him. Ben turned around and his happy expression dropped.
"What the hell do you want?" he said, continuing with the washing up.
"I heard that there's new owners moving into the house." I spoke, trying to stay calm.
"There is indeed Tate."
"I wanted to know if you are going to try and scare them out again because if you are, I can help. I always help." I said, friendly. Ben slammed the drying cloth onto the side and lowered his head. It made me jump and I felt my eyes turning glossy.
"No Tate. Me and Vivian have decided that we're not going to bother. We are now the dead of this house and we've had six months of it to ourselves and now it's time to let go." explained Ben as he turned to face me, arms crossed. I stayed silent with my bottom lip trembling slightly. "And I know you're only trying to help us to get Violet back, aren't you?" said Ben, figuring me out. I still didn't speak a word. "Tate, leave my daughter alone. She doesn't love you and doesn't want to be with you. Got that?" Ben said sternly. A tear fell from my eye at those harsh words as I swallowed hard. I nodded my head in agreement. "Good. Now if you don't mind, I'd like you I return to where I can't see you." finished Ben as he went to continue drying the washing up. I stood in the doorway for a few more seconds before miserably walking away back to the basement, preparing to get a glimpse of the new owners.