Why Did You Do That?

-Tate's P.O.V-
I came through the back door of the house with the dress wrapped up in bag. I bought her a short, white dress with long sleeves and it had patterns of roses on it. I thought Effy would look adorable with it on and really attractive. I walked through the house to see that no one was downstairs yet, not even Moira. Effy's parents must still be in bed, hungover. I decided to go and make my way up the stairs, guessing Effy was in her room still. When I reached the top of the stairs, there was still silence. Effy's parents bedroom door was open, just a crack, but I could see in a little and saw her parents still passed out on the bed. I smiled to myself and then tip toed to Effy's room. Pushing open the door, I let myself in to an empty room. The bed was made and everything was tidy, but as I walked in, a cold shiver went down my spine, telling me there was something wrong.
"Effy?" I called out. There was silence. At this moment I could start to feel a little bit of worry building up within me. I walked over and placed the dress on Effy's bed and then looked around myself. "Effy? It's Tate!" I called out again. Still silence. The worry started to grow into panic as I left Effy's bed and began looking around. The second place I could go was the bathroom, but I was going to knock first just incase she was bathing. I knocked lightly on the bathroom door and awaited for a reply but yet again it was silence. I leaned in to the door to listen in and I could hear a little dripping noise, a drop in a filled sink or something. I knew the bathroom door didn't have a lock so I thought I'd let myself in. I turned the door handle and pushed open the door slowly. I let the door creak it's way open to reveal the most horrifying sight I had ever seen in my time. The bathtub was filled to the brim in bloody water, dark bloody water and I saw two wrists sticking out either side of the tub with two, long, deep cuts on them. I looked at the floor and saw Effy's clothes in a pile and razor blades scattered. My heart sunk down to the bottom of my stomach. "No!" I screamed out in emotional pain. I ran over to the bathtub and jumped into it, setting myself behind Effy's body. I lifted her up above the bloody water so that she was laying in my arms. I checked her pulse and for any sign of breathing but I knew I was too late, she had bled out a while ago. "No!" I screamed out again. I looked down at her lifeless body and watched one of my tears roll down onto her face. I could feel a crying fit coming on behind my eyes. I held her and cried a little more whilst I stroked her cheek and watched her rest in peace. "Why did you do that, Effy? Why did you do that? I wanted to protect you, I love you. Why Effy?" I blubbed quietly to her body.
"I'm sorry, Tate." I heard a small voice whisper. I looked up and saw Effy standing in the middle of the bathroom in a black summer dress. I looked back down at Effy's resting body and then back up at her. I then knew that Effy was dead and she was now in spirit, just like me. I raised myself out of the bath, clothes stained in blood, and rested Effy's head above water and then walked myself over to Effy. I had tears running down my face as so did she.
"Why did you do that?" I asked her.
"I wanted to be with you. Forever." she whispered.
"You could of been, you will be. But also whilst you were alive." I explained. Effy looked at me in the eyes and slowly shook her head.
"No, it doesn't work like that. I was alive, you're dead. Now we both are, it works." she spoke.
"What about your parents? What are they going to think?" I asked. Effy suddenly stopped and then her arms grabbed ahold of my forearms. I could see her legs becoming weak and breaking beneath her. She collapsed down to the floor but fell in my arms.
"Oh god. What have I done?" she started. "What am I going to do? They have no idea! They're going to find my body in that state and will have no clue on what's happened at all." she panicked.
"Hey, hey, hey," I started, comforting her. "we'll figure something out. Come on, let's get you in your room to calm down before we do anything. I have a present for you anyway." I smiled, trying to make it seem like everything was okay. It wasn't okay. I wanted to explode a load of questions onto her but I knew that wouldn't of helped her situation. My heart was broken and I felt like bursting out into tears again, but I held it back and just comforted Effy, holding her close and keeping a smile for her. I helped her up off of the floor and then slowly walked her out of the bathroom towards her bedroom, closing the bathroom door behind me.