Freedom

-Effy's P.O.V-
Tate came through the front door and straight into the living room where we were.
"Effy, you won't believe this." Tate came in, smiling. He came over to me with my camera in his hand, as I gave it to him for him to show me where he buried me, and got the picture up. "You're buried next to me. There was a perfect spot for you, I couldn't resist."
"Oh my god, Tate! That's so sweet!" I spoke with a massive smile on my face. I stood up and kissed him. "We've also settled an agreement whilst you've been gone." I explained.
"What agreement?" he asked.
"We're going to have a house exorcism." announced Nora.
"Really? Are you guys sure?" Tate asked, guessing that he already knew what that was and what the consequences of the spirits were.
"We've agreed that it's our time to leave this house anyway, as we have been here for too long." said Moira, speaking for herself and Nora.
"We've got a number for an exorcism. We just can't mention the fact that we're dead, okay?" I explained to Tate.
"I understand." Tate smiled, agreeing.
"Right," started Nora, getting out of her seat and walking over to the phone. "lets do this." she smiled, handing the phone to me.
A couple hours later after I made the phone call, Nora and Moira decided to spend the last of their time on Earth with us, just having casual conversations just like the living do. There was suddenly a knock at the door and at the moment, we all fell silent as we knew that the time had come.
"It was a pleasure meeting you my darling and I'm so sorry about what happened before." said Nora, hugging me goodbye. I could feel myself actually becoming quite emotional at this point.
"You too, Nora. And seriously, don't worry about it." I smiled, hugging her back. She released me and then pinched my cheek and went to give Tate a goodbye.
"It was a pleasure working for your family, Miss Scott." smiled Moira.
"Come here!" I smiled, grabbing Moira for a hug. "I'm sorry about being so rude most of the time, I'm really sorry." I apologised, trying to hold back tears at this emotional time.
"Don't worry Miss Scott."
"Please," I started, pulling away. "call me Effy." I smiled, rubbing away a tear. Moira nodded at me with a smile.
"Effy." she spoke.
"Right, that's us done and dusted." spoke Nora, releasing Tate from a hug and rubbing her eyes. "We'll be hidden to the living but you'll be able to see us, to wave good bye when you leave the house."
"This is actually quite sad, I never thought I'd still have strong emotions being dead." I began to cry. Tate put and arm around me and held me tight.
"Don't worry, Effy. You'll see them again." reassured Tate.
"In another life." smiled Moira as her and Nora slowly started to fade away, disappearing to another part of the house. There was another knock at the door. Myself and Tate suddenly jumped to attention as Tate went ahead to go and answer it as I dried my eyes.
"Come right through." I heard Tate say as he opened the door. He came back in to the living room with a priest.
"Hello, my name is Father Gooding and I've come on request for a house exorcism, if I'm correct?" introduced the priest.
"Yes, you are correct, welcome to our home." I smiled.
"You're Mr and Mrs Scott, house owners, correct?" asked Father Gooding, looking in his journal. Me and Tate quickly looked at each other and then back at Father Gooding.
"Uh, yes that is correct." I confirmed, playing along.
"Excellent. Now, do you mind on explaining why you need a house exorcism?" he questioned.
"Oh please, have a seat and we'll explain everything." I offered. Myself and Tate sat down next to each other with Father Gooding opposite us.
"Well, we have encountered with some of the spirits which can't leave this house and they're starting to become...angry and vicious towards us that we thought an exorcism would be the best idea for us and other people." explained Tate, playing it off.
"Have you bought another house to move into after this one is gone?" asks Father Gooding.
"Yes we have, far away from here." I smiled.
"Well, I can sense some strange behaviour going on so I'm happy for the house exorcism to take place." smiled Father Gooding.
"Thank you so much!" I smiled, grabbing Tate's hand.
"Honestly, this means so much to us." added Tate.
"It's no problem at all. I'm going to need your help though." started Father Gooding as he pulled his suitcase onto his lap and opened it. He pulled out loads of bottles filled with holy water from his suitcase. "I'm going to need you to help pour these out in every room and if you see a spirit, pour it on them and it was instantly melt them to the ground so they can not move from that spot." he instructed. Myself and Tate nodded in agreement and stood ourselves up. Father Gooding handing us a few bottles of holy water each and then set us off into the house.
"Whatever you do, do not pour any on yourself." whispered Tate.
"I know, I know." I whispered back. Tate and Father Gooding started with the downstairs rooms and I decided to start upstairs. I first of all went into my parents room and then in my room and then headed for the bathroom. I pushed open the door to an empty bathroom and opened the lid to the holy water. Just as I was about to pour it on the floor, the bathroom door slammed shut behind me and I spun around to see Hayden.
"Bitch!" cried Hayden as she smacked the holy water out of my hand. The bottle smashed on the floor and holy water spread. Hayden then punched me in the face which caused me to fall face down onto the floor, centimetres away from the holy water. Hayden climbed on top of me and held me down to the floor. "You've ruined everything you ungrateful bitch, I'm not getting burned in this house without you!" she roared at me. I started to struggle and try and get out from underneath her. She grabbed my hand and then started to outstretch it towards the holy water, trying to make me touch it. I fought back with all my strength, trying to keep myself away from it. I screamed out in anger and threw my head back which made me headbutt Hayden in the forehead and made her release my arm and topple back. I used my chance and flipped myself over resulting in Hayden landing back first on the floor, in the holy water. "It burns, it burns!" she screamed in pain, unable to move. I stood myself up and leaned over her.
"Karma is a bitch." I said. I kicked her in the stomach and she had no physical way of getting up off the floor or moving. "Right?" I finished by kicking her in the face. "That's what I thought." I left the bathroom with only a couple more rooms to do. I was pumping right now, I always wanted to do that to her. That bitch.

-Tate's P.O.V-
Father Gooding continued to spread holy water on the ground floor and I decided to go and do that basement, as that was a big part of the house. I slowly opened the basement door and then made my way down, trying not to spill any of the holy water on myself. I got down to the ground and then opened up a bottle and started pouring it out on to the floor, carefully.
"Tate." I heard a female whisper my voice. I looked up and saw Violet, sniffling with tears rolling down her face. I didn't give her any sympathy.
"What do you want?" I said, stubbornly.
"Please don't do this." she blubbed. "I don't want to go."
"Too fucking bad, you deserve this for after what you did to Effy."
"It was Hayden. She influenced me to do it, she made me hate you. I just couldn't stand you being in love with someone else." explained Violet. "I did try and protect her to start with, I swear. Please don't do this." Violet pleaded, still bawling. I stopped pouring holy water for a minute and actually saw the real Violet shine through a bitch. I walked closer to her.
"I forgive you Violet." I whispered to her. "But you still need to pay, I'm so sorry." I finished. I grabbed her and pulled her close to me, hugging her for the very last time as she cried into my shoulder.
"Tell Effy that I'm sorry." she whispered to me. I nodded and then released her. I took a few steps back and then opened a bottle of holy water.
"Goodbye Violet." I whispered as I poured the holy water over her head, freezing her to the spot. After I emptied the bottle on her I threw it at the wall with rage and watched it smash into tiny pieces.
"Tate, you finished yet?" Effy called down to me.
"Yeah, I'm all done down here." I called back up to her. I turned myself back around and headed back up the stairs, not looking at Violet again.
I joined Father Gooding and Effy back in the living room, both of us being careful of where the holy water had been poured.
"Right, I think it's time to end this. Do both of you have all your belongings that you wanted to take with you, out of this house?" asked Father Gooding. I nodded and then looked at Effy who had a thinking face on.
"Yes, we have everything." she finally answered.
"Okay, come with me Mr and Mrs Scott, let's end your nightmare." smiled Father Gooding. Myself and Effy followed out of the house into the fresh air, holding hands as we left. Effy slammed the door shut behind her and then we both walked off of the property and on to the sidewalk, looking up at the house. That beautiful house.
"You sure you're ready to say goodbye to this house?" asked Effy, looking up at me.
"I'm ready." I smiled down at her. Father Gooding pulled out a box of matches from his pocket and lit one up. Within a second, he threw the match and the front of the house began to burn. Father Gooding stepped back to where we were and took out his bible and began reading from it.
"In the name of the son, the father and the holy spirit, I demand you demons to leave this house. I demand to to be no more, to no longer walk with the living, to no longer haunt the living."
"What is going to happen with your parents?" I asked Effy.
"I never told you this, but they weren't my real parents. They adopted me when I was nine years old. They never loved me, I never loved them. Let them believe that the fire killed me. Burned in a house fire." answered Effy. I was proud of her for being so brave.
"The exorcism is complete." finished Father Gooding.
"Thank you for your services, Father Gooding." I thanked him. Effy shook his hand. Father Gooding nodded his head and smiled at us and then departed.
"Hey look, top window!" pointed out Effy. I looked up at the house in the top window and saw Nora and Moira waving goodbye in the burning 'Murder House'. Myself and Effy both waved goodbye until they faded away. We stood watching the house burn. We were now free. I get to spend all eternity with the girl I love. I turned Effy to face me so I could see her beautiful face.
"I love you, Effy."
"I love you, Tate." she replied. We both leaned in for another passionate kiss.
"Oh my god the house is on fire!" we heard a woman cry. We both released each others lips and saw who was shouting. It was the next door neighbour, also known as my mother, Constance Langdon. I laughed to myself at her.
"What's so funny?" Effy asked me, smiling.
"Nothing." I continued laughing.
"I can't believe this, what- Tate! Was this your doing? Tate, are you serious!?" Constance yelled at me.
"Shit!" I laughed as I grabbed Effy's hand and began to run in the opposite direction.
"Who is that?" asked Effy.
"I'll explain later, we're moving on now!" I cried as we kept running.

The End.