Goodbye Violet

-Tate's P.O.V-
I found myself curled up on the basement floor crying my eyes out like I had once before. I can't believe she told me to 'go away', just like Violet did. Why did the girls I fell in love with do this to me? Wait...no this can't be right? Thinking of Violet, I no longer felt anything. There was no love towards Violet but thinking of Effy, my heart would skip a beat. I wanted to kiss her for eternity, I wanted to hold her, I wanted to be with her. I wanted to tell her I loved her, because I do. I'm in love with Effy. But what could I do? She's terrified of me. She doesn't want me anymore. She told me to 'go away'.
"Tate?" I heard a voice. I looked up and saw Violet standing across the room with glossy eyes. I stood myself up.
"Violet." I spoke. I walked over towards her.
"Is it true what Hayden said?" she asked me.
"What did Hayden say?"
"That you're in love with that girl? Effy?" she said as tear ran down her cheek. I lowered my head and could feel the tears on my cheeks drying up but more forming in my eyes. I looked back up at her.
"Why does it matter to you? You don't want me." I came straight out with.
"Doesn't mean I don't love you, Tate. I've said my goodbyes but it's hard to go on. I love you but I can't be with you." she explained. I wanted to hear her say that to me for so long, but now it didn't mean as much as it use to, to me.
"Violet, I'm sorry." I started. I let a tear roll down my cheek. "I'm in love with Effy. I want to be with Effy." Violet closed her eyes as tears fell from her eyes.
"I understand. So this time, this is it for real?" she whispered to me. I nodded my head. I was expecting my heart to be breaking at this moment but I now didn't feel anything. Especially when Effy told me that Violet warned her about me. Violet betrayed me. "Can we say goodbye again? But mean it?" she asked, looking at me straight in the eye. "But Tate, you have to make me leave. I don't think I can bring myself to do it this time." she finished. I raised my hand and placed it on her cheek.
"Okay." I whispered back to her. We then both leaned in and shared one last kiss goodbye. I didn't feel anything during the kiss. It didn't feel right anymore. She didn't kiss like Effy kissed. I pulled my lips away and leaned my forehead against hers. "Go away, Violet." I whispered to her as I removed my hand from her face. I suddenly didn't feel her force against mine anymore and looked up. She was gone. I then dropped to the floor and buried my face into my hands and let out all of my emotions.

-Effy's P.O.V-
I lay on my bed curled up in a ball, crying my eyes out into my pillow. This was all so much for me to take in. Tate was dead? He died in this room? It's all real? This really was a murder house. But what about all those people he killed? He apparently went on a school massacre when he was alive and he's also apparently raped Violet's mother. What was happening? I can't believe I told him to go away though. I kind of regret it in a way. After all, I loved him. I had fallen in love with Tate. But we couldn't be together, not whilst he's dead and I'm alive. I didn't know what to do. Part of me wanted to cuddle Tate so badly right now but then another part of me wanted to stay as far away as I could from him and all the other ghosts' in this house.
"Effy?" I heard a voice. I raised my head a little to see my dad standing in my doorway. He spotted the tears running down my face and came rushing towards me. "Effy, what's wrong?" he asked crouching down next to my bed, facing me. At this moment, I didn't know what to say. I had the urge to tell him that Tate was the reason but then again, I didn't want to completely lose Tate. I didn't want to see him right now but that didn't mean I never wanted to see him again. I loved him.
"I just read a really sad book." I lied.
"But down stairs, you were screaming and crying?" said dad.
"I was just mad dad...I'm fine, honestly." I lied more, sitting myself up and whipping away my tears.
"Effy, are you sure?" asked dad again, concerned.
"I said I'm fine!" I snapped, wanting him to leave.
"Is this about Tate?" he asked, looking me up and down. I wanted to say yes because it was, but knowing my dad he wouldn't ever let me see him again even though that's what I wanted right now. Right now I never wanted to see him again but there was also that tiny spark inside of me which did. That spark didn't want to Tate to go away because that spark inside of me loved him.
"No, dad. Tate is just a friend, a good friend." I lied. My dad gave me a look of disbelief. "Dad, trust me. I'm completely fine." I smiled at him.
"Okay. I believe you." he finished. He lent over and kissed me on the forehead before walking out of my room. He stopped in the doorway and spun around. "Me and your mother are going out for a few drinks when she gets home so it'll just be you and Moira alone for a couple hours. Is that cool?"
"Yeah, sure, that's fine." I confirmed. Dad smiled at me before closing my bedroom door behind him. I flopped myself back down onto my bed and stared at the ceiling. I had no idea what was going through my mind right now. I loved Tate but I was also terrified of him. I wanted to be with him but I also didn't want to be anywhere near him. How can I continue being my 'normal' self when the guy I'm in love with is dead and there are ghosts haunting the house. What should I do? What shouldn't I do?