Chapter Thirteen

The sun rays beaming through the slits of the window curtain burned my eyes behind my closed eyelids, and I turned my body to face the other way, sighing. I could feel myself still tired so I decided to just snuggle into the soft bed to try to get a little more sleep.

"Hey," A voice said through my sleepy haze. Annoyed, I pulled the blanket up over my head, ignoring the voice. I hated to be woken up or spoken to first thing after I woke up from a sleep. Since I would practically bite the head off of whoever dared tried to wake me, everyone in my life knew to just let me sleep and wake up myself. Except this person, whoever it was.

That's when my eyes shot open in a panic as realization dawned over me that I was probably not where I should be. I sat up in the bed and looked to direction where I heard the voice come from, only to see Everett standing there, his arms crossed and straight-faced. I blinked. "Um," I said. "What?"

He rolled his eyes. "It's twelve in the afternoon. Get up."

"Why was I sleeping here?"

"You got drunk and became annoying, so I brought you here to sleep." I watched as he reached over, pulled the blanket off me and I shivered from the sudden coldness.

I glared at him as I slid off the bed, stood up and stretched my arms before looking at him in question. "Wait, so where did you sleep?" I asked him.

Running a hand through his hair, he said, "On the couch, obviously," he told me. Clearing his throat, he tilted his head. "Anyway, you should go shower, you look like a raccoon with that makeup smudged all around your eyes."

My eyes widened. Great, not only did I sleep in his room, but I just had to look gross on top of it. "Well, do you have a spare towel?" I asked.

He reached into his closet and pulled out a clean towel, tossing it over to me. It landed on my head, covering my eyes. "Really?" I growled, snatching the towel off and glaring at him once again. Why was it that he always seemed to like to piss me off?

"Go shower," was all he said as he walked out of the room.

Grumbling, I stalked my way across the hall and into the bathroom, which only took about five steps to get to. Before I closed the door, Ava popped up. "Nova, here!" She handed me a neat pile of clothes. "You need these, don't you?"

I took the pile and examined them, noticing that they were my own clothes. "Where did you get this?" I asked her.

"You told me you had a bag of laundry in your car last night, so I went to grab these for you," she told me.

"Thanks!" I said.

She smiled before looking over her shoulder and turned back to me, speaking in a low voice. "By the way, did anything happen between you and Everett?" she asked.

My eyes widened. "What do you mean? Why?!" I whisper-shouted.

She tapped her chin. "Well, from what I remember, he took you to his room last night after you were getting kinda crazy. It's kind of hazy for me, but I think he was in there for a while."

I blinked at her. "He told me he slept on the couch."

"He did. When I walked out of Luka's room this morning, he was there." She shrugged. "Maybe nothing happened." Looking over at me, she raised an eyebrow. "Do you remember anything?"

I shook my head. "No. The last thing I remember is drinking my sixth cup of that mixed drink someone made, after that is all a blur." My head snapped up in alert. "Levi! What happened with him?"