Chapter 7 - I Think My Water Just Broke

Seven and a half months in... I suddenly wake up to feeling a *POP*, and then the bed got really wet "Sasuke..." I push him to try to wake him "Sasuke!" 

"Mmm... whatisit? Whatareyouhungryforthistime?" He asked half asleep.

"Sasuke wake up... I think my water just broke"

"What?!" His eyes shot open and he sprang from the bed "are you sure?!" I pulled the blanket away, showing the large puddle soaking into the mattress. "Holy shit! Okay, what do we do?! Is something wrong?! It's too early! Why is your water breaking NOW?! I thought you weren't due for two more months!"

"I am" I stated as I got up to hold his shaking form... 

I've never seen him so nervous before... 

I took the back of his head in my left hand and pulled him in for a kiss 

"Sasuke, calm down. Look, I'm not in any pain right now, I'm fine. Don't you remember? We read it together, women carrying more than one child sometimes deliver before the nine month mark... let's just get some things and head to the hospital, okay?"
"O-okay" he's still shaking like a leaf... I smiled compassionly

We hurried and gathered some things we got from the baby shower Hinata threw for me last week, including blankets, a few outfits, diapers and a diaper bag. "Okay, we have everything? Good! Let's go!" he rushed out the door, leaving me standing in the middle of the living room...
"Umm... Sasuke?!"
"Right, right" he said as he came back in and swept me up into his arms. I couldn't help but roll my eyes as we jump from rooftop to rooftop to get to the hospital...

We quickly got checked in, and before I knew it I, was in a room... 

Poor Sasuke... he's just sitting in the chair beside my bed, chin in his hands, bouncing his legs up and down like he's deep in thought. 

I reach over and touch his arm with a smile. He stops, takes my hand and kisses it as he stands to crouch down beside my bed. 

"Can you believe it? We're going to be parents" I ask as I rub my belly

"Believe it" he replied with a smirk. 

Suddenly I felt a sharp pain, like a knife trying to cut out of my abdomen, I squeezed Sasuke's hand as I screamed, then suddenly it was gone. 

Just as I was catching my breath old Granny Tsunade came walking through the door.
"So Naruto, how are we feeling?" She asked, her eyes looking over at Sasuke rubbing his hand, she raised an eyebrow 

"Okay I guess... I think I just had my first contraction though" she walked over, and checked to see how far dilated I was...

"Hmm, it may have been a contraction, but you still have a ways to go" she said while removing her gloves "I'm going to go make a call, I'll be back in a bit to check up on you"
"Is he going to be alright?" Sasuke asked, worry all over his face... man I love him

"He'll be fine Sasuke, he's just having some minor contractions"
"That was minor?!" His eyes were as big as saucers, although I'm sure mine were too

"Yes, and they're only going to get worst the closer together they get... Sasuke, don't worry, just be there for Naruto" 

Sasuke looked over to me, looking right into my eyes,  "I will, I will not leave his side, I will stay strong... for him" 

my eyes began to tear up and he gently wiped away a stray tear before he gently kissed my lips 

"I promise".

Five hours... 

It's been five hours since we arrived and still not one kid... 

Nurses have been dropping in and out all morning and somewhere in there I fell asleep. 

I woke up to a kick in my stomach... 

"hey now, it's alright, you'll be out soon enough" 

I look over to my left... he's fast asleep, supporting his head with his left hand while holding mine with the right... 

He is so stunning, especially when he's sleeping, the way his hair falls in his face, the way his mouth slightly parts for his breathing, it's more than my heart can take. 

Suddenly I feel another contraction come on... 

I try not to yell, but it's becoming more and more impossible the closer together they get, I let out a little yelp when suddenly I realized that Sasuke was still holding my hand. 

He looked me in the eye and gripped my hand a little harder to help stable me. 

Just as the pain was passed, Sakura came in "So how are you doing?" She asked

"Pretty good I think, contractions are about five minutes apart now I think" 

she walked over and checked my dilation "You getting pretty close, I'd say give or take an hour and should be ready to push. For now though, we're gonna move you into the Delivery Room. It's specifically set up with everything we need for childbirth... gloves, cord clamps, a sterilized environment... etc, etc." she smirked as she put up the rails of the bed, and unlocked the breaks...

I smiled back and looked into Sasuke's eyes, and that's when I noticed my female form reflection again, and suddenly, a thought occurred to me...

"Sasuke, after the babies are born, I... I-I want time change back... will you... be okay with me being a... a guy, again?" 

Sasuke looked at me like I'd just asked the stupidest question in the world...

"Naruto Uzumaki, you have always been a guy. You never were truly a girl, you just looked like one for a while... however, whichever form you choose to take, whether boy or girl, I will still love you and always be there for you. It's your choice after all. Although if I'm being honest... I kinda miss your old form a bit" he blushed at that last part, 

I smiled "I miss it too".

"Alright Naruto, you ready?" Sakura asked me as I was being rolled to another room
"Believe it" I replied.