sechs.

THE LOUD CONTINUOUS rings of your annoying alarm sadly woke you up from your peaceful slumber, already giving you a bad sunday morning. you were planning to sleep in until afternoon but you forgot to turn the alarm off. as soon as you got home yesterday, you fell asleep almost immediately and forgot to do your nightly routine.

     you laid in the comfort of your duvet, staring up at the ceiling groggily. you recalled the events that took place hours before you fell asleep and before you knew it, a crazy grin was spread across your face and you suddenly felt more energized than moments before.

     "i really just talked to a mermaid!" you laughed heartily, standing up from your bed. you headed to the bathroom and started to wash your face, eyes closed as you remembered everything that happened while you were talking to the blond.

     it's as if you didn't live the days where you forced yourself to believe it was an illusion of some sort, and yet... he is real. not imagination, shadows, or such. a real sea being living in the depths of the ocean, alive and prospering. you were giddy and excited upon meeting him until now, it felt like you made a new discovery like a new sea animal, and boy were you eager to learn more about him.

     you sighed and shook out of your thoughts, shifting your attention to your morning for the time being. you grabbed your phone from the bedside table and headed to the kitchen to prepare yourself some breakfast. scrolling through the messages of your friends, you heated up water in the kettle to make yourself some tea. you were about to look for the loaf of bread when you felt your phone ring, a catchy ringtone slicing through the calm morning atmosphere.

     grumbling, you looked at the caller id before answering it and placing your phone close to your ear to prepare yourself for the continuous nagging from none other than pieck.

     "hey, pieck!" you greeted innocently, even smiling to somehow lighten up the woman (despite note being able to see it). but, any attempt to calm the furious woman was futile and it only added fuel to the fire.

     you had to sit down and listen to pieck rant and nag at you for being an 'inconsiderate' friend (in a joking manner) and making them worry for your whereabouts because you weren't picking up. of course, she scolded you for not coming too but decided to let it go as you keep telling her of your excuses. you had to sit for another hour and listen to her explain the movie as your punishment, with additional sound effects and exaggerated dialogues that made your morning a bit better, despite waking up earlier than you intended to.

     after that long phone call with the woman, you headed to your room to pack your stuff for your little trip to the beach later that night. you made sure to get the book you were reading to armin last night, as well as a few interesting novels for the boy to read or borrow. looking through your shelf, you eyed a certain book.

     the book of every marine creature.

     would it be weird if you asked him about the different creatures in the sea? and if there were any undiscovered ones? he is a mermaid, after all. he should know.

     after a minute of contemplating, you shrugged and decided to grab it and put it inside your bag.

     it was still morning, and you were beyond tired, but the thought of visiting the beach again to 'hang out' with the blond made you exhilarated. meeting a mermaid was almost too good to be true! it's been a week since you first saw him but the shock hasn't died yet, especially when you got the chance to talk to him. you wanted to tell your friends about him but you figured you should seek his permission first, betraying and hurting him would not be good.

     sighing, you grabbed your mountains of homework to pass the time.

— ❂ —