zwei­und­zwanzig.

SQUEALS LEFT YOUR LIPS as soon as you got inside your car. luckily, the sound of the engine was enough to cover any of your noises as you try to recover from the thrill of what armin just said a while ago. his honey voice rang through your head, again and again, sending a shiver down your spine every time you think about the words that meant so much to you.

     your cheeks were red as a cherry and your heart was beating too quick for your own good. you didn't realize you were shaking when you gripped the steering wheel as you pull out of the parking lot. that blond creature truly wanted you to die early! does he even know how nervous and yet happy he made you feel?

     sadly, you didn't get to reply to what armin said when your alarm suddenly rang through the silent night. your face was already heating up by then and you couldn't utter a word out due to your shock and nervousness but you were out and about when you heard your alarm. was it a good idea? absolutely not. did you hate yourself for it? definitely. you felt guilty for leaving the blond without saying anything, the poor boy probably thought you were rejecting him or something and you didn't intend to do that. stupid brain, it just had to shut down at the important times. maybe you could apologize at your next meeting, you're sure he'd understand.

     you let out a sigh and rubbed your eyes as you drove your way to your apartment. you bit your lip as a question passes through your head, does he even mean it? does he know that it's not some kind of friend thing and that it was for people in a relationship?

     armin was too innocent, that you could agree on, and due to him being a creature that had no idea of human relationships and alike, you could see how he'd mistaken 'dates' as a thing for friends. that alone was enough to send a pang through your chest and your whole giddy mood to turn sour, as you had thought that the male had feelings for you too after what he just told you.

     no, he's smart! he asked what dates mean and i made it clear that it's for people in love... so... the sadness in your eyes dissipated, and a bright shimmer of hope shone down on you. you chuckled softly, shaking your head at what you were thinking.

     it's funny how you were holding on to little details for hope.

— ❂ —

     when you got home, your phone was ringing and beeping nonstop. as you checked your notifications, you found out that you had no classes tomorrow. apparently, something went wrong with the ventilation so the dean decided to take one day off classes to fix it.

     you were overjoyed, of course, as you finally could sleep for the whole day without worrying if you were late for your classes. that, and you have time to finish some of your homework tomorrow. 

     what a lucky day!

     after taking a long bath and changing into some comfortable clothes, you plopped down on your bed and settled in the warmth of your covers, ready to get a good night's sleep.

     but as soon as you closed your eyes, you didn't feel sleep washing over you. instead, your time with armin for the past few months was flashing in your brain. that alone was enough to make you blush and squeal all over again, your feelings growing deeper than ever.

     it was different from the time you had a crush on reiner. it was a mere infatuation but this... these feelings with armin, it was much more than that.

     you sat up, your eyes traveling to the ceiling with one thought passing through the silence. i'm so fucked.