acht­und­dreißig.

Y/N COULDN'T FORGET the mermaid's words to her. from his accusations to the bad news he brought, he didn't give the h/c-haired a chance to ask more. he left her alone with her hazy thoughts and unvoiced questions, still confused and dumbfounded before she could even question what he meant or if he was joking.

     and yet, each syllable that dripped out of his mouth showed nothing but seriousness and that alone proved that he wasn't lying. she still couldn't wrap her head around the information he suddenly brought, that and she got to talk to another mermaid other than armin or his friends.

     which meant that he was the fourth mermaid she got to see and talk to. how cool was that?

     shaking her head to get rid of her amusement, y/n sluggishly entered her dark apartment and fell down on the couch with a thud, ignoring the slight pain that shot through her back. her wide e/c eyes were focused on the ground that started to move and swirl, her hands shaking while her brain replays everything that ebony-haired mermaid said a while ago.

     armin, MARLEY... so much was going on and she still hadn't digested all of it. y/n was still denying everything, even if the information she could clearly see was poking her eyes and telling her to understand it.

     armin... he's going to die? that single question seemed to finally break her down. the unshed tears she didn't get to release when she was so worried about armin was finally streaming down her s/c cheeks, due to the fact that he was going to die soon and it all answered her questions and thoughts. the h/c-haired shut her eyes tight and succumbed to the heartache she was experiencing, her body quivering as sobs rack her body.

     pulling her knees to her chest, she leaned against the couch and allowed herself to cry her hearts out while longing for the warmth of her lover. she didn't want to believe he was going to die, there was no way he'd allow himself to... right?

     he would be fighting and he's very stubborn, armin won't accept his fate so easily. not when the two of them still had books to read and tell. not when she's waiting for him, even if it takes years.

     not when she still had to read to him.

     just how cruel world was? to take the one thing that kept her happy for the past few months away from her, only because he was different and was always a curious mermaid.

     memories of past meetings played. from their first meeting, their first book, the time she realized he was in love up until she kissed him. y/n couldn't help but scream in anguish, her voice heartbroken as she longed for the blond mermaid she has been waiting for days.

     just when she had him on her arms, he had to disappear.

     crying her hearts out for the past few hours surely tired her out. she didn't even get to think about the other problem that stupid mermaid told her, too preoccupied and worried for her lover. y/n soon fell asleep on the couch, waterfall of tears never stopping as she succumbed to the quiet and sorrow atmosphere of her apartment.

     when she woke up hours later, she realized she was already late for her classes. instead of rushing like always, y/n found herself laying back down on the couch. she was tired and heartbroken, surely one day of absence won't hurt her grades. it was about time she needed a break. her eyes were puffy and red from crying and her cheeks were still sticky from the dried-up tears, going to classes now while looking like shit would surely make others worry.

     and she's not ready to break down during a class.

     y/n couldn't get up even if she wanted to, she allowed herself to wallow in pain and loneliness. she could no longer cry, she spent all of it hours ago so all she was doing in the middle of the day was stare at the ceiling while reminiscing her time with the blond mermaid she fell in love with.