vierzhen.

THE SUNLIGHT PEEKING through the blinds stirred you awake from your deep slumber. you could hear the faint chirp of the birds singing outside the window and the gentle crashing of the waves against the shore, paired with the faint yells and cheers of children. 

     with still closed eyes, your brows furrowed in confusion; you definitely don't hear any waves or children every morning when you wake up...

     you forced your e/c eyes open, squinting when the sunlight momentarily blinded you. immediately, you were greeted with a beige ceiling decorated with glow-in-the-dark stars pasted. panic started to set through you and you quickly sat up to view the unfamiliar surroundings. the room was a normal-looking bedroom, clean and almost empty aside from a desk, closet, and bed. 

     it was different from the usual i-was-kidnapped bedroom in tv shows with broken and rundown walls. you stood up, leaving the comfort of the bed, and made your way over to the window, eyeing the packed beach just outside with curiosity. you tore your eyes away and observed the room carefully, before dawning on you that you're in reiner's room.

     wait...

     you narrowed your eyes and looked down, a relieved sigh leaving your lips when upon seeing that you were still fully clothed. of course, reiner wouldn't do something like that but it's a normal reaction for a woman whose memories were a bit blurry. you weren't exactly sure what happened yesterday aside from watching movies at pieck's house and then somehow ending up in reiner's room. 

     you jumped when the bedroom door suddenly opened, revealing a messy-haired reiner with a pink apron wrapped around his huge build. his eyes shined under the morning dew and the smile he wore brightened when he saw you finally awake, "good morning, y/n. breakfast's downstairs if you wanna eat." 

     biting back a laugh, you followed the blond downstairs only to smell the delicious aroma of the food he cooked. you made your way inside his dining room and sat down across him, thanking him quietly when he placed a plate of pancakes on the table. 

     "what happened yesterday?" you asked suddenly, mouth full of food.

     reiner shook his head at your eating habits before answering, "you fell asleep as soon as the movie started. i left the group halfway through to drive you home but you ran out of gas and i was near at my apartment so i decided to let you sleep here." 

     you nodded in understanding, "oh, but where did you sleep?"

     "beside you."

     the coughing fit you gave out as you choked on your food made the buff blond burst out laughing until tears were stinging his eyes. you could only glare at him after downing your water to calm your burning throat and he only responded with another chuckle.

     "i'm just kidding! i slept on the couch since i'm a gentleman." he grinned, eating a piece of his food as he winked. you rolled your eyes but thanked him nonetheless, talking jubilantly over breakfast.

     after eating, you helped reiner clean the table and wash the dishes. it was silent between the two of you; you passed out the wet plates to him where he dries it off and places the porcelains inside a cabinet. while washing, your mind wandered off to the responsibilities you still had. that in turn caused you to let out a stressful sigh with a frown settling on your lips. the blond sensed your sudden sour mood almost suddenly so he asked you what was up.

     "i've got a research to finish, is all," you answered bitterly, brows furrowed in annoyance.

     he quirked up an eyebrow, "oh, i see. what's wrong then?"