Chapter 8: Weiss' "memories": Mirror mirror, darkness is my savior

"You're no daughter of mine"

Those were the words said by Jacques Schnee towards his mentally and physically middle child, Weiss, while her siblings tried to interviene only to be stopped by the guards.

"Jacques!" his wife screamed. "Stop it!"

"Fa-Father! You're hurting me!" Weiss yelped feeling her father's strong grip on her wrist.

"Your face... is just to much to handle, out of my sight!!" he yelled.

Timeskip

Weiss panted as she wandered around the forest, her clothes torned up, she never felt so useless, so melancholic... all she wanted was to be with her mother and her siblings without having to fear the patriarch. "If miracles exist..." she whispered to no one in particular. "then... give me one, I never asked for any of this to happen to me." she passed out, exhausted.

While she fell to the ground, there were growls and roars near her. They were Nevermores, who were just flying over, and on one of them rode a boy with pale skin and black hair, also known as Y/N, the Prince of Grimm; he heard the roars of his Grimm, they gestured with their beaks to the uncounscious girl. "What is it?" he asked, then looked down. "Land there!"

As the Grimm landed, Y/N jumped and ran towards the girl. He checked her pulse. "Whew, thank goodness she's okay. But she's all injured, let's take her to the castle"

Weiss slowly opened her eyes to notice a fancy ceiling, at first thinking it was just a dream, but as her eyes grew used to the light, she noticed it wasn't her room or any other from her home. This place wasn't her home.  She got up from the bed and looked around. What happened? Was she...

Before she could even question, she heard someone clearing their throat. She turned around and saw a very pale woman dressed in dark clothes, acompanied by a boy around Weiss' age. "I see you're up already" said the woman in a matter of fact tone.

"Who..."

"Ssssh" the woman put her index finger up. "My name is Salem, the Queen of Grimm"

"The Grimm?" Weiss asked shocked taking a fighting stand, but then felt a sharp pain, getting on her knees.

"You shouldn't force yourself" said the boy helping her and laying her on the bed. She couldn't help but blush at him.

"I know exactly what happened to you, young woman" said Salem. "Your father, abusing you, your mother, brainwashing your siblings... causing every sort of pain"

Weiss looked away.

"By the way" the boy said. "My name's Y/N, the Prince of Grimm"

Timeskip

Things became peaceful for Weiss as she grew used being in the castle. Also she started to develop a crush on the young prince.

There were times where she would sneak in just to secretly listen to him singing in the music room, music was something the white haired girl loved and sometimes would make a performance back home to a few guests. But, now living in this castle, she was afraid of doing many things, the Queen scared her, even though it wasn't her intention.

One day, a beautiful morning, Weiss was walking around the castle, when she suddenly heard some piano notes, she had to take a peek, after all it was music. She slowly opened the door of the music room and saw the Queen herself playing the piano. Not only that, but she was singing as well.