Deleted Scene 2: In Iggy's Bed

a/n: as i worked on this rewrite, there were a couple of scenes that i wrote that didn't make it into the final edition that you see here on Wattpad. however, i thought it'd be fun to share them with you anyway!

this next deleted scene originally took place during the chapter where we meet Iggy's brothers (arguably my favorite chapter in the entire book). i initially removed it because it felt like it didn't vibe with the rest of the story. now i'm not quite sure why i removed it? chapter 21 is super long as is. but anyway, i removed this scene. 

here it is! 

in iggy's bed

I moved to the canvas with a familiar face on it. I asked, "You sculpted me?"

He chuckled, rubbing the back of his head. "Yeah. Is that – is that weird?"

I smiled, moving to sit beside him on the bed. "I don't think so. It's actually really flattering. That you would even bother devoting time to create art based on me. It's – thank you."

His hand found mine and he squeezed it. "Thank you, Angela. For being my muse." He cast me his dirty secret smirk.

Shaking my head, I laughed. When I focused on him again, he had scooted closer, his hand caressing my arm. My gaze zeroed in on his lips, and I licked mine. My heart clambered inside my chest, and my palms felt clammy and gross.

His door remained open, but his brothers watched television or sketched. His father wasn't even home, gone on a business trip. And his mother had vanished down the opposite hall, probably in her room for some alone time.

His nose brushed mine, and I sucked in a quick breath. My eyelids fluttered, daring to close. He waited, and I closed the distance between us. My eyes shut.

The kiss started slow, almost chaste. But the sound of our intermingled breaths and the embers in my stomach encouraged my arms to pull him closer. He responded, deepening our kiss.

The fact that his family occupied the nearest room kept me as quiet as I could be. But when Iggy's hand brushed along my side, gripped my leg, and tugged so I could straddle his lap, I gasped.

He smiled against my lips, and I had to smile too. He settled his hands on my hips and I wrapped my arms about his neck.

"I like this," he whispered into the darkening room. "There's very little that's visual about this."

I ran my fingers through his hair and caressed my fingertips along the nape of his neck. The heat of his hands on my hips seeped through my clothes, like adding kindling to the embers in my stomach.

I pecked him on the lips. "I like it too."

He closed the distance again, and we melted. The moment was pure touch and sound—neither of us needed to see. Maybe this what was they meant when they said love was blind.

When we heard the squeak of someone leaving their chair, we pulled apart. I smiled, pressing my face against his cheek so he could feel my smile. He hugged me, kissed my ear, and patted my leg. I climbed off him, fixed my hair, and adjusted my clothes.

__________ __________

A/N: this scene is surprisingly cute 🙃 but who knows. maybe in another version of OME, i'll add it back to the story. but for now, it's just an extra scene for you all to enjoy! 

as always, 

hugs :3