Bonus Scene 2: Fabric from Francis

a/n: these bonus scenes aren't a part of the novel itself, but i thought it would be fun to write some extra stuff with the characters!

this next scene is to satisfy some of the curiosity you guys might have about "what happens next." it gives a glimpse into the futures of specifically Angela, and a lil' bit of Iggy, as well as Iggy's brother, Francis.

i absolutely LOVE the Koehl family, so i just had to write more scenes with them.

anyway, here you go! the second bonus scene!

fabric from francis

I jabbed my toe into a box sitting in the middle of the floor, yelping. "Ow," I said, hopping and holding my foot. I heard Francis chuckling from down the hall, and I cast a glare in his direction.

"Iggy!"

"What?"

"Do you have to put this box here in the middle of the room?" I placed my hands on my hips, favoring my hurt foot.

Iggy emerged from his bedroom, entering the TV room. He had a lazy smile on his lips. His birds-nest hair flopped into his eyes, which were covered by an old pair of gold aviators. The cross necklace swung from his neck. He stuffed his hands in his pockets.

"Sorry. I put it there to remember."

"Well, it's a health hazard."

He chuckled, bending down to lift the box. "Funny. I can't see, and I've never rammed into it. You can see, and you ran into it. I guess I pay much more attention to things than you do."

I stuck my tongue out at him, even though it was pointless. "Whatever. Either put it in your bedroom or in the front room. Not in the middle of the walkway.

"What's in it anyway?" I asked, trailing behind him.

With a grunt, he settled it on the couch in the front room. His clay canvases lined the walls, a forgotten easel resting in a corner. The circle of chairs had turned into seats strewn haphazardly about the room. Plants sat on the windowsills, a splash of green against the bay window.

"LEGOs."

"What? Seriously?" I squealed and raced toward the box. Together, we pried it open and I peered inside. Sure enough, colorful LEGOs stared back at me. I picked one up and felt the bumps.

"They're braille," he said, also lifting one from the box. "They're to help kids learn braille in a fun way. God, I wish I had these when I was growing up."

My eyes widened with awe as I twirled the plastic pieces in my fingers. I smiled at the toys, brushing the braille embedded in the LEGOs. "Oh! Are you bringing these to H 'n M?"

He nodded once. "Yeah. And I'm gonna see if I can get some of the schools to order some." Placing the LEGO he held back in the box, he quirked a brow at me. "Hey. Aren't you supposed to be working on homework?"

"I was taking a break."

"Uh-huh. Back at it, college girl."

Groaning, I collapsed onto the couch in front of the TV. The opened textbook I had abandoned stared at me, and I frowned back at it. But I sighed and pulled my notebook onto my lap, uncapping my pen.

"Economics is just so boring."

"Your fault for switching majors," Iggy yelled, tucked away in his bedroom once again.