ten

after making a quick stop at taco bell, Billie pulls up to, what I have now deemed, our spot. I immediately get out of the car and run to the other side, pulling billie into a tight embrace.

"I don't know why, but you always make everything better," I mumble into her hair, bending my neck down slightly. "you make the whole church thing seem like it was three chapters ago."

she lets out a soft laugh, pulling back slightly to brush a stray hair out of my face. "I'll always be here for you, baby."

baby.

baby

baby

I like the sound of that.

billie pulls away from the embrace and gets the large bag of food from the backseat.

she takes a step toward me and presses a kiss to my cheek before intertwining our hands once more. she pulls me down the path wed walked down before, stopping at the rock I'd once left a pair of jeggings on.

she sits on the large flat rock and hums, pulling my body down to sit next to her. she pulls out one of the mini chicken quesadillas and hands it to me before pulling a burrito out of the bag and setting the bag down in front of us.

I unwrap the quesadilla from the foil and take a bite, humming at the taste before looking over at billie, who's taking a giant bite out of her burrito.

"is that good?" I ask her with a laugh, licking the bit of sour cream from the corner of my lip.

she nods, mumbling with her mouth full, "absolute heaven, bro."

I giggle at her muffled words and take another bite of my quesadilla. in my back pocket, i can feel my phone vibrating but at this point, I dont care.

"so tell me more about you," I request,  using a napkin to wipe my chin of the grease i know is dripping from my lips. "I barely know anything about you."

she shrugs and sniffs a bit, using a napkin to wipe her lips. "theres not really much to tell," she mutters, roughly shoving a hand through her hair. "im a pretty boring person, honestly."

"that's a lie," I state, nudging her with my arm slightly. "just the basics, bil, come on."

"well," she laughs sarcastically, looking at me with her lip caught between her teeth. "if you must know, i have a long ass name - billie eilish pirate baird o'connell,"

"holy shit," I say softly, my jaw dropping as I take in the name.

"i go by billie eilish, though - no one calls me o'connell except my parents." she scoffs, taking another bite of her burrito.

"where did pirate even come from?" I ask curiously, my eyebrows pulling together.

"who the fuck knows, bro," she says with a laugh, rolling the burrito wrapper into a ball and tossing it back into the bag. "im currently seventeen-"

i interrupt her with a soft, "same here," before motioning for her to continue.

"my birthday is coming up soon, in case you wanna get me anything," she says with a wink, immediately followed by a laugh. "december eighteenth, mark your calendars."

"no shit," I say, my eyes widening. "my birthday's the nineteenth."

"deadass?" she looks at me, her eyebrows raising as a mischievous look flashed her baby blues. "we're gonna go hard for our legalization, baby girl."

baby girl.

baby girl.

baby girl.