seventeen*

May, 2020

"ladies and gentlemen, I give you - the graduating class of 2020!"

the music starts playing and names were called. one by one, each of us walked on stage, did a little dance, and grabbed the diplomas held in a red folder.

"billie eilish pirate baird o'Connell!" the principal shouts into the microphone.

billie refused to wear the graduating gown, but looked hot nonetheless in her oversized tshirt and gym shorts. as she walked onto the stage, I can hear her parents and brother along with other close friends screaming with joy. she grabs her diploma from the principal and blows kisses to me, and then turns to blow a kiss to each member of her family.

 she grabs her diploma from the principal and blows kisses to me, and then turns to blow a kiss to each member of her family

"viviana olsen!"

silence.

besides billie.

billie screamed, "that's my baby!"

i take a deep breath and walk onto the stage, my neck jerking just slightly as i grin at the principal. I grab the red folder and pause for a photo before running off of the stage and into her arms.

billie wraps her arms around my waist and picks me up, spinning me around before setting me down and grasping my hand in hers. we make our way behind the stage and take way too many goofy photos before I take the itchy gown off and turn it in. im wearing an emerald green colored dress that comes about two inches above the knee - the back, as well as the chest and shoulders, was made of a sheer material.

 im wearing an emerald green colored dress that comes about two inches above the knee - the back, as well as the chest and shoulders, was made of a sheer material

as soon as the ceremony ended, billie practically pulled me to her car. I struggled to keep up as she sprints to the dodge.

"bil, slow down," I whine, my breathing getting caught in my throat. 

"you're not gonna be saying that for long, baby girl." she says over her shoulder, slowing down about twenty feet from her car.

"what the hell is that supposed to mean?" I raise my eyebrows, watching as opens the passenger side door, moving the seat up.