𝐟𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐢𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐬

A/N: wow! i finally updated :) anyways, here is this thing i don't know how i'm feeling about ... i am both proud and not?? if that makes sense.
@ClaireWSK requested prompts:
9. "how exactly are you going to help me with my problem?" or
10. "one tequila shot down, five more to go." (put them both in)
so here it is! hope you enjoy :)

word count: 3,243
warnings: angst, fluff, language
summary: reader is hopelessly in love with roger but he isn't. he wants to make his ex jealous and asks reader if she will pretend to be his girlfriend for a party ... things end out in a bad way.

It had happened too quickly.

All of the moments with Roger - listening to The Beatles in his car with the windows rolled down completely, picking up flowers from the park, and eating at the diner.

Those small and significant moments meant so much to you, but you started to wonder if they had meant anything to Roger.

Because now, he was back with her.

PRESENT TIME !

"Roger can be so stupid sometimes."

You, Brian, and John were leaned up against the wall of the pub, watching as Freddie tried to talk to the distressed Roger.

Roger laughed, yelled some, and then went back to drinking the tequila shots in front of him, completely ignoring Freddie.

"There's no use talking sense into him," Freddie sighed once he was back with you and the guys, grabbing his glass of wine from the table you were at. "He's so in love."

"And for someone who causes him so much pain," Brian commented in, taking a sip of his beer and watching as Roger pointlessly flirted with a girl who was not interested in him. "Who's turn is it to console him now?" Brian questioned, looking at you and then at John.

"Pretty sure it's you, Deaky." You said, looking over at John who looked around the pub.

"I'll give it a try, I suppose."

Another attempt to make him happy failed.

"Maybe you should finally confess your love to him, Y/N. He could fall in love with you," Freddie smiled, dancing to the rhythm of the music. "Who knows! Roger might feel the same way." Freddie told you in a sing-song voice.

You doubted it.

Roger didn't fall in love easily. He never had serious relationships, and when he did, they were all with toxic women.

Like Vivian, the one he was currently weeping over. The one who broke his heart in little pieces, the manipulative one.

You shrugged, taking a taste from the colorful drink Freddie had brought over. "I don't think that would work out very well."

Freddie gave your arm a nudge. "Take a risk!"

You watched Roger, how his hair slightly stuck to his forehead and his clothes were crinkled up, how he was more on the tipsy side of things, and how he was in pain.

"I'll try to console him now." You said, words laced with fake confidence as you drank up the bright blue drink. "But I will probably fail." You murmured, walking towards the blond.