𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮

summary: your relationship with roger is fucked up and cold like the rain. but you always go back to him, or he comes back to you to repeat it all over again.

word count: 5k (sorry, my hand slipped)

warnings: ANGST. fluff. language. toxic relationships (THEY ARE NOT OK, THOUGH) make out sessions. cigarettes. alcohol. deaky & freddie being cuties. badly written?

author's note: IM SO SORRY, for not updating in forever. i have been stressed™️ and have been having a lot of headaches. i really hope this makes up for it, though! and i hope you guys haven't forgotten about me yet. thank you for 32k reads!! it means the world and more to me <3 let me know what u think!

p.s: quirkydeaky commented prompts & asked for a an angsty one >:( so i delivered!
with the prompts:
12. those unable to catalog the past are doomed to repeat it.
14. hasta la vista, jackass!
19. your kisses are cold like the rain.
22. i despise you. i despise every little thing you do, you wanna know why?! because you destroyed me, taylor.
not in that specific order! they are in italics! oh! i'm sorry the poem is so long, lol. and that there are so many memories.

You watched as Roger laughed, wrinkles forming around his eyes, small dimple on his cheek, blue eyes sparkling with happiness.

"It wasn't even that funny of a joke!" You smiled, biting your bottom lip to hide it. "In all honesty, it was terrible." You said, blush adorning your cheeks.

"What're you talking about, love? I've always loved your terrible jokes." Roger breathed out, smile tugging at his lips. He took a drink from his whisky, sour expression on his face.

The pub was buzzing with life - people were dancing around, couples were making out in the corners or bathrooms, and groovy music played from the jukebox in a steady rhythm.

So far, it had been a good night. You and Roger had decided to come to the pub, at three in the morning, to get stupidly drunk.

And it was surely going well.

"Now will you dance with me?" Roger asked, putting his hand out, that same cute smile was still sprawled on his face. "You can't reject me for the umpteenth time, love." Roger laughed at his own stupid joke.

You rolled your eyes playfully, placing your hand in his. "Okay, fine." You smiled, quickly wrapping your arms around Roger's neck as he pulled you up - making giggles erupt from you, and you hid your face in the crook of his neck.

All the couples were close together now, gazing lovingly into the eyes of their partner. Of course, you and Roger were no exception.

"What should we do when we get out of here?" You inquired, eyebrow perked up as you swayed to the slow song playing.

"Hm," Roger hummed as he gave your waist a slight squeeze. "I don't know. Whatever you want." He smiled. "We should probably go to sleep, don't you think? It's almost four in the morning." Roger told you, smiling as he spun the both of you around in a slow circle.

"I'm not tired at all!" You exclaimed, throwing your head back. "I'm full of energy and very happy, mind you." You giggled, more on the tipsy side of things now.

"Then we should definitely get home now." Roger said as he abruptly pulled you off of the dance floor and towards the exit.

But you rolled your eyes and pulled back.

"Roger, I'm fine. I'm still standing up, aren't I? Nothing's gonna happen." You shrugged, sighing as you looked around for the bartender.

"Not again, Y/N. You yourself told me that if you got drunk like this, to immediately go home. That's what I'm doing."