Carrie Oneshot

"Carrie." you said starring at your girlfriend. She didn't respond or take her eyes off the tv. "Carrie, look at me." still no response. "Carrie" you yelled making her head snap to look at you. 

A blush carried across her cheeks, tinting her skin pink. "Sorry I was zoned out." she chuckled slightly. You smiled and leaned your head to the side. "What do you want to do today?" you asked. 

It was your anniversary and the chilly December weather was in full force, snow was laid on the grass outside and there was a harsh cold to the air. "I have an idea." you said smiling. She just starred back at you. 

"What is it?" she finally asked. You smiled wickedly. "It's a surprise, go get dressed. Warm clothes." you said bouncing off the couch to your shared bedroom. 

She followed you without question and began layering clothes. "What shoes?" she asked. You shrugged, "it doesn't matter." she furrowed her eyebrows and slid on a pair of sneakers. 

Once the both of you were dressed and ready to go she climbed into the passanger seat of your car and buckled in. You turned the heat on full blast, seeing the reddening nose of your adorable girlfriend. 

You drove to the secret location and her eyes went wide when she saw where you had taken her. She stared at the scene in front of your car and slowly but surely a smile made it's way onto her lips. 

"I don't even know how to ice skate!" she laughed. You laughed along with her and got out of the car. "Me either but I guess we can always learn." you laughed, shutting the door and meeting her on her side of the car. 

You walked up to the booth at the entrance and paid to get in, getting skating boots and asking for knee pads. You got ready and Carrie looked more excited than nervous. She practically pulled you onto the ice. 

When she got on she clinged to the railing and tried to move her skates. You tried to glide like they do in the movies and ended up falling rather hard on your butt. She tried to help you up and fell just as hard as you. 

She landed on the ice in front of you and you stared at each other with wide eyes for a second before bursting into laughter. "We look ridiculous." she laughed hard. You smiled and watched her laugh, "No I look ridiculous, you look beautiful." you said with a smile. 

Carrie gave you a smile warm enough to melt the ice rink and you stood and slowly helped her to her feet. She wrapped you in a hug and kissed you, making the cold drift away for a minute. 

She pulled back with another blush and held your hand as you both clumsily skated around the rink.