Otis Driftwood Oneshot

Otis was notorious for pissing you off. Since day one that seemed to be his mission. Like now for example. You sat in the front seat of the van, driving down the almost vacant highway.

You felt his arms snake around your waist. "Fuck off." you shrugged him away. He tried to hit on you but you could tell how difficult that would be with him. It was risky. 

He chuckled into the side of your neck. "Don't be so mean first thing in the morning." he said in a gravelly voice, making you roll your eyes. 

He moved to the passanger seat and glanced over at you, more of a stare. "Why do you hate me?" he asked suddenly. You huffed out a breath and looked over at him for a second. He seemed serious. 

"Otis, I don't hate you." you said sincerely. He sensed the lack of sarcasm in your voice and leaned towards you a bit. "You act like you hate me." he countered. 

You looked over at him again and made an X over your chest with your hand. "Cross my heart." you said quietly. He nodded and looked ot his window. 

"How do you do that?" he asked. You leaned your head back against the seat and let out an exhausted sigh. There was no one in the upcoming rest stop so you pulled over. 

When you stopped the van you turned to look at him. "What are you talking about Otis?" you asked, resting a hand on your forehead and leaning into the arm rest of the seat. 

He took a deep breath, looking anywhere but into your eyes which wasn't normal for him, this made you want to listen harder, understand exactly what it was he was trying to say. 

"You have this 'come get me' attitude but act like you don't need anybody. You don't want anybody. I'm crazy about you and you have this ability, even when I say something with all the confidence in the world, to make me quiver." 

Unsure of what exactly to say you rose out of your seat and took a few steps to where he was. You sat down slowly on his lap and took his face in your hands. 

You pressed a soft kiss to his lips. "You annoy the fuck out of me." you whispered. He went to apologize but you kissed him again. "It's okay, I like it."