Chapter 1: the unorthodox hero.

King Explosion Murder the Shield Hero

Authors note: My first sort of crossover fanfic. This story is basically replacing Naofumi with Bakugou from My Hero Academia as the shield hero. While I will follow the general plot of Shield hero, things won't go exactly as they did in the anime/manga so Bakugou will do things differently, have different adventures, and he won't be having the same teammates so unfortunately no Filo or Raphtalia in team Bakugou. They won't be nonexistent and will appear in the story (and I promise Raphtalia won't die in a slave cage) but I doubt Bakugou is going to be doing the exact same things Naofumi will do and having things go exactly the same would make the story redundant so I doubt he would be buying slaves or picking the same egg. I should note that this takes place between season 3 and 4 of MHA so this was after Bakugou's and Izuku's big fight, Bakugou's heartfelt speech after it, and before the internships, so we will be following a slightly less arrogant Bakugou then he was in the first episode. With that said enjoy the story.

"DIE GERMS! DIE! DIE! DIE!"

"Relax man, you're just brushing your teeth." says young Kirishima who is alongside his friend Katsuki Bakugou brushing their teeth at the male dorms bathroom in U.A high school the most prestigious hero school in all of Japan.

Bakugou after he finished his brushing spits out in the sink, "All Might always has a bright smile on him, and if I'm going to be number one I need an even better smile then he had. I'm not going to let some primitive bacteria ruin that for me.", he answers to Kirishima who just shrugs and goes along with it as he finishes his brushing.

Today was Sunday so school was not in session for the day, for most of the class this is a time of rest from a week of heroing schoolwork, but to others, schoolwork never ends and Bakugou is one of them. This is especially true to him now since he failed his provisional hero licensing test along with a fellow rival student Shoto Todoroki. He was now behind his peers including his former childhood friend Deku the one kid he always saw as a quirkless weakling was now ahead of him.

Despite these setbacks, Bakugou and Shoto are being given a chance to retake the licensing exam in a few months as long as they both took a bunch of extra courses that will start next week.

However, while U.A is mostly a school to make new heroes in there super-powered based society, it is still a high school and the students still must learn their basic education including learning math, science, literature, and history to ever be able to graduate as heroes. And tomorrow there is going to be a big history exam on Meiji period Japan and no one can afford to fail it.

After brushing his teeth and eating breakfast Bakugou was ready to head for the school's library to study for that very history exam.

Kirishima had other priorities though, "Hey Bakugou want to train a bit more at the gym? I heard the school had brought in some new equipment." he asked Bakugou.

"Haven't you forgot we have a big history exam tomorrow idiot? I still need to study for that so I'll be at the library for most of the day." Bakugou rudely answers to his friend though Kirishima is used to it by now knowing Bakugou is always like this no matter who he is talking to.

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that. Well I think I'll do okay myself so do whatever you want bro, but when you're done looking at old books I'll be at the gym for most of the day so see yah later." Kirishima says as he and Bakugou go in separate directions of the school.

At U.A's library, Bakugou has spent the last few hours reading various Japanese history texts studying and taking notes on them. Despite being a tough fighter and having an explosive personality Bakugou was still quite the book-smart student, being the number 3 student based on regular course grades with only Tenya Iida and Momo Yaoyorozu having higher grades than him.