two

A/N: ty for the support on this story so far it really motivates me to post lmao. hope i made your monday a little better :)

a party.

that is what sage was surprised to find when she'd walked through the front door of her house, and although she wasn't expecting it, she knew who was accountable. parker.

she had turned eighteen that tuesday and spent the whole week telling parker that she was not throwing a party, no matter what.

like always, what she had to say was not taken into account. at all.

she was pissed, no doubt, but she's a pretty chill person and she didn't want to just throw everyone out of her house.

she walked in, being told late happy birthday a million times before she made it to the kitchen, where there was a heaping and unhealthy amount of alcohol. great.

where her parents were? she didn't know.
did they know this was happening? she had no clue, but she'd decided that though it's very unlike her character, she was going to have fun.

she'd taken a shot. on her own terms. it was the second time she'd touched alcohol in her life and she was actually excited about it this time.

she looked through the doors to her backyard to see people swimming and lounging. she saw people in her living room dancing. there were people on the stairs and in seemingly every crevice if her house.

everyone here seemed to be drunk already. how long has this party been going on?

she ran into parker, who was sitting on the counter with zion standing in between her legs. they were just talking. he had either hand beside her and she leaned back against the wall, fidgeting with the cup in her hands.

though sage was going to make the most out of this party, it still was very unwanted and she had some not so kind words to say to parker.

she stormed over to the two and when zion noticed he pulled her into a hug. "happy birthday sage!" he said and to her surprise he wasn't drunk.

she'd later find out that it was because he planned on babysitting parker and edwin tonight; making sure they're safe.

she smiled and hugged him back. "thank you, z."

"you know i'm-" he began to talk but she quickly held a finger up, signaling for him to give her a second and dragged parker away into the pantry.

"surprise?" parker said, preparing to be yelled at.

"parker what the hell!?" she whisper-screamed and parker only shrugged.

"i told you all week, time after time that i was not having a party and that i would literally not talk to you again if you threw me one!?" she said to her and the blonde girl giggled.

"yeah i know sage. it's called an empty threat. you do it all the time." she smiled a big, fake smile. she looked down at sage. beautiful as always, but not her best.

she had just come from the gym.

"you should go put on the outfit hanging up on your bathroom it will make you look hot." parker said and sage just disregarded her.

"how long has this party been happening?" she asks, staring into the girl's blue eyes, almost daring her to say the wrong thing.

"uhhh- about - please don't be mad at me - two and a half hours." she mumbles the last part, but sage still hears her loud and clear.

"i'm gonna kick your ass when you're sober, and you better believe this isn't an empty threat." she mocks, and walks out of the pantry, slamming the door.