seventeen *

interact with the story! let me know how u feel, and again thank u for reading. vote, comment, all that good stuff. just wanted to include this picture of nick bc it's beautiful.

it's new years eve and sage is as nervous as nervous gets.

there were many reasons why, and the first reason was that soon enough her house would be full to the brim.

she decided that she was going to have a small get together with her friends and maybe a few other people to break the ice, but she knew that with parker, zion, and edwin, this "function" would end up being some crazy new years rager.

"first party of the year! pull up to sage's house." edwin spoke as he recorded a video for snapchat and she smacked him on the back of the head, making him hiss and scratch his head. "imma kill you."

there were a few people already at her house as she was getting ready. edwin, parker, austin, zion, and brandon sat on her bed and annoyed her as she did her makeup which was rather glittery considering it was new years eve.

edwin had completely backed off as well as apologized to sage for the whole situation. he wasn't going to at first, but when nicholas mara grabbed him by his collar and threatened him for 'trashing his girl's reputation', he realized that lying about what really happened, or attempting to anyway, was wrong.

she told him that it wasn't his fault and she was just being an idiot. they were both drunk and she just wanted to forget about it.

the other reason sage was nervous was because of the one and only nick mara. she was worried that her perfect dream that she'd spent the last few months fancying of him being her new year's kiss was ruined, and it was all her fault.

the two had been on pretty good terms. they talked casually a lot since christmas. it was mostly her walking on eggshells and hinting that she wanted more, and nick knew that, but if he wanted to dwell on the situation then it was his right to.

in his mind, he'd tried his very best for sage and he just fell short.

he was a deficit; not good enough. however you put it, he'd put his all into sage and she still cheated on him.

but he was trying to forgive her. he was tired of being sad and he was tired of seeing her sad, and he'd do anything for her, so he was slowly but surely letting her back in.

they hadn't seen each other in person since christmas, but he was indeed attending her party and though not likely, she was indeed prepared to fuck him.

she'd put on the sexiest sparkly dress she could find as well as bold red lipstick, which she wasn't too fond of, but he loved, and she wanted to make him happy.

"nick's gonna be here soon." she said nervously while putting lotion on her legs.

"why are you so nervous? aren't you guys talking?" parker asked as she sat in between zion's legs.

"yes, but i haven't seen him since he rejected my kiss on christmas."

they all gave her a look of sympathy.

"well, you look hot tonight. there's no way he'll reject you." parker tried her best to cheer her friend up. she wasn't the same sage she was with nick. he was her other half and you could definitely tell when she was missing him.

"people will start showing up soon, so i guess this is it. " sage said, standing up and spinning around. everyone hyped her up and she smiled. "i love you guys." sage said, and it was actually quite out of character for sage to show emotion with her friends.

"group hug!" brandon gushed and everyone surrounded sage in a hug while she fake gagged at them.

once everyone was done, they all headed downstairs to put the drinks out and everything. sage's parents actually did know about this party she was having and that there would be alcohol. they told her they would rather her drink in the safety of her own home than have her hide it from them and then try to drive home. she was eighteen anyway, so they knew she'd find a way whether they approved or not.