eleven

A/N: shes so cute IMAGINE nicholas w her whew my bi ass wouldn't even know where to look

nick sat in his car in front of sage's house, waiting for her to come out.

the two were going ice-skating and he was really excited for his first real date with her. the date was simple. there was no huge surprise or cheesy speech but the boy was trying, and sage could appreciate that.

he wasn't a hopeless romantic, and although he's always been kind to girls, he's never been the relationship type.

of course he'd been in them before, but none of them seemed to make him feel the way sage did. none of them made it feel like his throat was closing up and his mind was blanking. this girl was poison in the best way possible.

his lips curled up into an animated grin when she stepped out of her front door, waving shyly at him.

her parents followed suit, coming out of the door to wave to him, but he thought he should get out and say hello to them. after all, he does spend a lot of his time here now, eating their food and drinking their water.

they didn't mind it though. because nick had changed their daughter in ways she couldn't even see herself. she was having friends over and she was leaving the house more, and they never worried because they knew she was in good hands with him.

he stepped out of the car, walking up to the door and greeting her parents.

he did the 'bro handshake' with her father and gave her mom a hug. after that, he instinctively put a hand on the small of sage's back, publicly confirming what her parents already knew.

if they thought they were hiding it before, they definitely weren't now.

her parents had already noticed the hickeys on sage's neck, and her dad had words for her about it, but after a long week of her mother explaining that she was growing up and she was still maintaining her grades and she wouldn't end up pregnant, he reluctantly kept his words to himself.

she jumped a little, because he usually keeps his distance with other people around.

"you look beautiful." he whispered to her, making her blush, and mumble "thank you." quietly.

she wore a gray turtleneck with a red t-shirt over it. she had on black jeans and her white air forces.

"well we won't keep you for too long." her mother spoke, making her father nod.

"yes have fun kiddos." her dad said, before training his eyes on sage, seriously. "but not too much fun, sage." he scolded and she laughed it off. "i know, dad."

"bye!" nick said to both parents, before scurrying to the car to open her door.

she stepped into the car, taking a seat and reaching up to poke his nose before letting him close the door.

he got in the car, buckling up and leaning over to kiss her, but just on the cheek, taking into consideration that her parents were still watching.

she giggled, turning to him and admiring his beautifully sculpted features.

"how are you?" she asked, watching as he used both hands to pull out of the driveway, then placed his hand on it's home on her thighs that he loved so much.

he internally screamed as she intertwined her fingers with his, their now entangled fingers resting on her left thigh.

"sage, you know i hate small talk." he chuckled at her nervousness, and she sighed.

he could read her like a book. she tried not to be so transparent when around him but he knew her. and there was no changing that.

she was nervous, incredibly nervous, and he thought it was so precious that he still had this affect on her.