four

sage walked to her car from the cafe with her usual in hand. she held a coffee for herself, a hot chocolate for her best friend parker, and today she had an orange juice for zion.

she had told him she could drive him to school today since they lived very close to each other and the person he usually rides with, austin, wouldn't be coming to school today.

she had forgot how grumpy the tall boy could be, but it was a monday morning, so she sort of understood.

she was excited to get to school nonetheless.

she was excited to see nick. she hadn't talked to him since he left her house at around two o'clock sunday morning, because her mom would be coming home soon and she didn't want to deal with being in trouble for having him in the house.

he put his sweatshirt on to leave her house, leaving his t-shirt at her house by mistake. she didn't plan on telling him, though. she loved the way it smelled. she slept in it last night.

they weren't a thing, or anything close to it. nick just didn't like her that way in her mind. he just wanted to fuck. that's all boys ever wanted, but she was okay with that when it came to him because she had convinced herself that she wanted the same; that she just wanted casual sex with him.

she was wrong.

when she arrived to school and got out of the pouring rain, she walked over to her table full of friends. her heart fluttered when she saw nick. he was talking to edwin, laughing about something. his laugh was so precious.

she watched as zion pulled parker into a hug, handing her the steaming cup of hot chocolate. she had forgot to ask parker about what was happening between the two, and made another note in her head to do so.

sage had forgot that the reason she had this hoodie on was to hide her hickeys. she was going to keep it on all day, but it was now soaking wet from the fast falling rain outside. she set her things down on the table, pulling the yellow sweatshirt over her head, leaving her in a black t-shirt.

right when she had the thick material all the way off of her body, she realized what she'd just done.

"fuck." she whispered to herself, closing her eyes and taking a deep breath. the silence was killing her. she knew they'd all saw them.

there were two visible hickeys on her neck, the other one was too low on her chest to be seen.

she opened them slowly, looking down at the people seated at the round table.

parker's mouth was agape, but it quickly turned into a smirk. she'd never thought her best friend would finally take her advice and break some rules. to be a teenager.

brandon sat, surprised at how dark they were. unlike every other guy in the friend group, brandon actually didn't want to fuck sage. he respected her. he thought she was a gorgeous girl, and applauded her for maintaining her innocence. he knew he couldn't. the marks were a very deep shade of purple, and they were huge. who gave her these hickeys that didn't tell the whole school?

zion and edwin were jealous. though zion was having fun with parker, that's all it was. fun. he wanted sage. who didn't? she had said no countless times. wouldn't even give the boys a chance, and here she was with two dark purple hickeys on her neck.

nick was trying his best to fight back a smile. he was gleaming. he stared proudly at the marks he'd made. he was happy in knowing that he was the only guy to touch her in such a way.

she avoided eye contact with him. knowing that less than forty-eight hours prior to this his tongue was deep inside her walls made her weak. she couldn't think about it without getting aroused.