DECEMBER 9

Nathalie walked into the dining room 7:35 am, while Gabriel Agreste was having his breakfast. 
She stood next to him, in silence.
-Sit down, Nathalie - he said wiping his lips with a napkin. 
She did as he asked, always in the seat next to him, to his right. 
-What is today’s schedule? - he asked without looking at her. 
-Audrey Bourgeois at 9 am, then photoshoot at 10:30, lunch with New York investors at 1:30 - her voice was calmed and unexpressive, as always. 

He was pretending nothing ever happened, and for that Nathalie was thankful. 
“Nothing ever happened, the fight, dancing, sleeping together, NOTHING. Thank God” thought Nathalie. 
-If there is nothing else, Sir I…- she started to stand up.
-Sit, we need to talk - he said, still not looking at her. 
“Shit”.
-Listen… - said Gabriel, clearly struggling with finding the right words - I am sorry. 
Had she heard correctly? Was he apologizing?
She only nodded. 
-I mean it - he said, finally staring at her and taking her hand in his, softly. -I am deeply... sorry for yelling at you. 
She was stunned. 
-I… I am... am sorry too - she answered placing her hand on top of his. 
He softly smiled. 
-Please, don’t leave - he said. 
-Never...
-...Asshole - Gabriel finished her sentence. 
-OH MY GOD- she yelled, laughing and covering her face with her hands.
Gabriel giggled. 
-I will go get everything set, Sir - said Nathalie standing up, still laughing. 
-Of course -said Gabriel still smiling at her. 

Gabriel heard Nathalie’s heels walking away. 
-Master? - asked Nooroo, flying next to Gabriel’s side. 
-Yes?
-Miss Nathalie is a kind and sweet woman. 
-Yes - answered Gabriel a little intrigued. 
-And beautiful.
-Yes - he answered - Are you randomly stating facts… or is there a question?
-I… well… no… nothing, Master. 
-Fine - answered Gabriel ignoring the little kwami. 

Yet, he was right, he had found himself waking up yesterday an looking desperately for her body next to him. 
Of course, she was gone. Nevertheless, his bed-sheets still smelled like her, assuring him it hadn’t been a dream. And, as much as he tried to stop the memories they just kept coming back, over and over again, everytime. Her smile, her body, her voice, her scent, her neck. Were driving him insane.